Reviews for 本質 (Essence)
lirianstar chapter 3 . 6/18
Oh no. I was afraid of that :-(

I wonder what the future holds for Sachika. Will she open up to a new Contract?
lirianstar chapter 2 . 6/18
Okay! I recall a bit now :D

Nicely done - and the gore is so, so real. The previous part definitely is helpful here. Is this a glimpse of the future...or of the past?
lirianstar chapter 1 . 6/18
I'll admit, this is interesting. A map to help understand and link the upcoming battles?

I'll read on.
JaDeCe chapter 11 . 6/11
Thats got to be hard. To grow up and close with people then one day lose them to a horrific war.

And here i thought these were regular degular monsters, but its literally an army of them. Where are they from and how did this start?

I hope our girls can put an end to this war before too many lives are lost.

Oh gosh the feelings. Its cute
JaDeCe chapter 9 . 6/11
I admire the cast of young ladies you have created. All of them have found a special place in my heart. Look at me over here gushing.

Anyway, with the description and on point action, i was enthralled in the chapter which had me cringing at parts. Im glad that they all made it ao far.

And the mystery of these creatures persists. Thats a scary quality that the monsters posses. Shit.
JaDeCe chapter 7 . 6/10
Awe

Aiko and Sachika are destined to be together. Im rooting for it. And Aiko come off as innocent, but fierce and more over a virgin. I wonder did she even read the mood right. Their relationship is going to be funny and cute.

Well let me delve into whats happening at this end here.

Good chapter friend
Kahoruko711 chapter 3 . 5/28
I was wondering about this school the girls are attending. Is it going to be like a college dorm or something? How old are these girls? Judging by the summary, the invasion of the Nebula occurred 15 years ago. So, does that mean the female cast are all 15 years old? Or maybe they are college aged like 17-19? I hope that is the case because I don't think I would handle a child getting mutilated by those vicious aliens.

The three gal pals sound like a nice dynamic group, though, I can't help but feel like one of them will become a traitor in the future.

Anyway, this is a nice set up chapter. Not much to critique. Nice work.
Kahoruko711 chapter 2 . 5/28
Sorry for the late review. I've been busy with things and such. Again the prologue is intesne and

So apparently, I messed up. I reviewed the references when I should have posted the review for chapter 2. Don't know how the heck that happened but I just wanted to clarify.

The terms and references just fly by me, so, I would have to go back to it a later date with fresh mind and eyes. Again, solidly intense prolouge. Good job with that.
Datathee chapter 5 . 5/9
Have the other students been punished as well? That punishment is unfair. It didn't fit the crime. Sachika helped save Aiko from demented probably frustrated girls.

Ashina is intriguing. Judging by Sachika's reaction to her presence, it seems Ashina is someone that Aiko will have to be careful around. In the future, I expect their paths will intersect and it might not be pretty.

So the Blood Contract isn't something to toy with. I kinda want to see what would happen if the Coordinator and Familiar hated each other's guts.

When it comes to the Blood Contract were you inspired by the Greeks or Spartans? I could be wrong but I think the Spartans at least encouraged relationships between soldiers to strengthen their bonds.
Kahoruko711 chapter 1 . 4/25
Whoa, talk about an intense prologue. I wasn't expecting to step right into the carnage and mayhem of the war. It does look interesting so far though. But, I didn't like how short it was, because I was starting to get into it, lol. Other than that, this looks like something promising. Keep up the good work.

I'm also into yuri, so, that's a big plus there! I'll be keeping an eye on Aiko and Sachi, if they are meant to be the desitned couple.
JaDeCe chapter 4 . 4/23
So this school... Are the girls teenagers or there isn't a age requirement here? Its for all ages because some of them seem older and most seem like children.

Aiko baby. You only have b-cups. Try having d then you can feel uncomfortable. You barely have breast baby.

Now im a little nervous for whats going to happen in the next few days. Aiko is already traumatized. Im scared for what will happen but im ready to read it.
JaDeCe chapter 3 . 4/23
Oh... Muh god.

Girl, i was 5 seconds from throwing my phone across the room. These bitches really tried it (excuse the profanity if that bothers). Seeing Aiko in that vulnerable state made me just wanna jump into the story and fight those broads off my damn self.

Sachika is now my favorite. Im glad she beat they ass, but im sad that they didnt die. So, im assuming attacks like that dont kill the familiars. Just hinder them.

Ooo girl action. Im all for it. Im still learning more about essence so that flash stepping has a name. Are the familiars the only ones who are able to do it? Are the familiars the only ones that fight? Guess i gotta find out by reading it.

Good chapter by the way.
JaDeCe chapter 2 . 4/22
I like it.

First off, that prolouge was everything.

Im aleays for a story focused around an a female cast. The character development is edvident here. I already like all three characters introduced. Sad that i know something the main cast don't know from the prolouge. A lot of questions like whats a essence and what exactly are those creatures but ill just have to keep reading.

Good job.
Datathee chapter 3 . 4/21
Aww the buddies are separated :( Poor Aiko. I hope she doesn't get caught up with those psycho 2nd years. Hopefully, she'll survive this weird place.

So far, there are two people who've clocked Aiko with interest. With Mistress Daiki, is there a familial connection? As for Ashina, I'm curious to see why she noticed Aiko.
Datathee chapter 2 . 4/14
Oooh! I like this! I must say this is a better setup for introducing the school. It's great to see you've kept Sachika and Hibiki.

Having girls be the only ones who can use the Nebula tissue is an interesting premise. I'm curious to see where this goes.

So far, I enjoyed Aiko's relationship with Bethany and Uli. They seem to be the sort that will have your back.

The girl that Aiko met, was that Sachika?

I'll continue to read on :)