Reviews for 本質 (Essence)
RainbowPearls chapter 5 . 9/1
Whooaaa! The last scene was super romantic in a silent way I must admit though I strangely felt uneasy about it.

Hibika was so acting like she found a celebrity when she met Aioko! Lol xD

That Emika is a little enigmatic character so far. I already see the sexual tension between Sachika and Aiko! ;)
RainbowPearls chapter 4 . 9/1
Ashina's personality is somewhat commanding and moody. She is really furious at the title she's give by Sachika. But I seriosuly would call Sachika as daring. I wonder what would have happened if really Sachika in the process of saving Aiko killed those girls xD

Aiko has the rights to get frightened hearing about them. Well blood contracts is something very uncomfy over here. Hnn
RainbowPearls chapter 3 . 8/31
Well, before I'd say anything, I just have one question- *gulps*- is this a yuri fiction?

Well, I was even quite embarrassed at that sudden kiss to Amelia- gosh, Ashina needs to calm down .

Alright, so basically, Sachika and Aiko doesn't know each other at this point and that a title that was! Infamous Phantom Queen! Lol xD

Aiko is a little innocent- she need to learn to fight back, anyway, it's okay I guess- she got aided the right moment. ;)
RainbowPearls chapter 2 . 8/31
Wait up- was that a dream or a brutal reality?
I guess that a interpretation of future through Aiko's dream. I liked the group of the three, it's much like I'm watching an anime! ;)

Uli's daring attitude and intolerance is one of my favorite traits- I was rooting for her when she outraged at the intruder girl. Lol, the tissue reproduction part made me laugh- what a attention they got! XD

I hope Sachika is okieee! I feel so sorry for her loss. One thing I liked about her is habit of using headphones- quite alike me, I'm deaf to the world when anyone's calling xD
RainbowPearls chapter 1 . 8/30
Okay, so finally started reading this~
This starts with destruction and harm to humanity by the Nebula forces and the scene that's shown with the lifeless bloodied bodies is something I've always been scared off and it's hard to imagine it. It's a heart wrenching and fearful scenario.

I feel almost like as if I'm told to stop writing when Aiko expressed her reluctance to leave Sachika alone. The last statement I'm unison made me think that they weren't giving up and the coordinator had no say to Aiko to leave her partner in such low and injured conditions.
Shang chapter 2 . 8/18
An intriguing start, granted pretty graphic in terms of gore, which left me a tad disturbed... so a pretty good job on descriptions.

The structure of the story so far leaves me wondering though if it wouldn't be a better idea to merge the first entry with the prologue, just to have a longer, opening chapter (plus I heard somewhere that non-story entries are forbidden on FictionPress, so I'm not sure if your encyklopedia at the start falls under that category). I think it might generally be better if you incorporated all the definitions into the story neatly; I've already forgotten half of them anyway and such things always stick in one's mind better when you learn of them in a more "natural flow".

Plot-wise it is hard to say anything about the story so far, but you've picked my interest. I'm getting a slight "Freezing" vibe off of this, but that's just me probably. I'll read on in the near future.
CrossPaladin chapter 4 . 6/26
Notes:
[[The two of them were shooting daggers at each other with their eyes]]. The last part of that statement, "with their eyes" is unnecessary. The term "shooting daggers" already refers to their eyes.

[["While you attend this academy, I, Mistress Daiki, is of the highest authority...]]. That "is" should be "am".

1.) Wow, bleach girl jumped from "Give me" to straight up rape. That's the second fastest I've seen that jump in any story. Kudos.

2.) Sachi-chan was all over that. She literally sliced two girls throats? Unless Nebula Tissue make you a little more superhuman (I'd assume so, otherwise death would be an absolute), a slashed throat should have killed those girls, no problem. Being superhuman doesn't really stop you from drowning in your own blood, sadly.

3.) Tachyon. Nice. You don't meet a lot of people who know just what Tachyon is, or how it works. I appreciate an author who does a little research.

4.) I forgot to mention this in the previous chapter, but Sachi's hair (silver on top and black on bottom) is a firm reminder that she's an anime protagonist. (Just give her some cards and she'd fit in Yu-gi-oh, HAHA!)

5.) Composed Fibril is capitalized...but what are they? Obviously fibers of some kind required to form the contract...but what makes them special?
CrossPaladin chapter 3 . 6/26
Alright...so after that action packed opening, we get to the actual opening of this tale. Let's start out with what we've got, alright...

1.) Starting our tale with the main character asleep on a train. Admittedly, cliche...but, it's easier to start up everything since the audience has basically "awoken" to the story as well. So I'll give it a pass.

2.) The name of the academy is rather awkward. "Essentia Japan Academy". While Essentia Academy (or heck, just Essentia) sounds more natural, the "Japan" in the middle implies that it's not the only facility of its type. But then, wouldn't it be easier to call it Essentia Academy, Japanese Branch or "Japan's Essentia?" All I'm saying is that is sounds awkward on the tongue.

3.) I can think of a reason why men can't use the Nebula tissue. The author just really loves strong women (and who doesn't) and it made for a more fanservice laden story (nothing wrong with that, hahaha!) with that, in Levia-chan's words, "Super hot yuri-yuri action".

4.) "Sachi" can mean "Luck". Clearly not too lucky if her last Coordinator bit the dust, eh? Haha!

5.) Was honestly expecting Uli to throw a punch. Props for not showing off the action in the first chapter.

Consider me intrigued. I'll continue to keep reading.
CrossPaladin chapter 2 . 6/26
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now this is a story I can get behind! I've always enjoyed those "Teams of heroes fight together idea" like Soul Eater. It provides a nice contrast between those who have the power, and those who control the power.

And a Yuri Action High School novella? I'm in it! Hahaha! I hope it doesn't disappoint. Many tales have gone this route and failed.
lirianstar chapter 3 . 6/18
Oh no. I was afraid of that :-(

I wonder what the future holds for Sachika. Will she open up to a new Contract?
lirianstar chapter 2 . 6/18
Okay! I recall a bit now :D

Nicely done - and the gore is so, so real. The previous part definitely is helpful here. Is this a glimpse of the future...or of the past?
lirianstar chapter 1 . 6/18
I'll admit, this is interesting. A map to help understand and link the upcoming battles?

I'll read on.
JaDeCe chapter 11 . 6/11
Thats got to be hard. To grow up and close with people then one day lose them to a horrific war.

And here i thought these were regular degular monsters, but its literally an army of them. Where are they from and how did this start?

I hope our girls can put an end to this war before too many lives are lost.

Oh gosh the feelings. Its cute
JaDeCe chapter 9 . 6/11
I admire the cast of young ladies you have created. All of them have found a special place in my heart. Look at me over here gushing.

Anyway, with the description and on point action, i was enthralled in the chapter which had me cringing at parts. Im glad that they all made it ao far.

And the mystery of these creatures persists. Thats a scary quality that the monsters posses. Shit.
JaDeCe chapter 7 . 6/10
Awe

Aiko and Sachika are destined to be together. Im rooting for it. And Aiko come off as innocent, but fierce and more over a virgin. I wonder did she even read the mood right. Their relationship is going to be funny and cute.

Well let me delve into whats happening at this end here.

Good chapter friend