Reviews for 本質 (Essence)
Kahoruko711 chapter 3 . 5/28/2018
I was wondering about this school the girls are attending. Is it going to be like a college dorm or something? How old are these girls? Judging by the summary, the invasion of the Nebula occurred 15 years ago. So, does that mean the female cast are all 15 years old? Or maybe they are college aged like 17-19? I hope that is the case because I don't think I would handle a child getting mutilated by those vicious aliens.

The three gal pals sound like a nice dynamic group, though, I can't help but feel like one of them will become a traitor in the future.

Anyway, this is a nice set up chapter. Not much to critique. Nice work.
Kahoruko711 chapter 2 . 5/28/2018
Sorry for the late review. I've been busy with things and such. Again the prologue is intesne and

So apparently, I messed up. I reviewed the references when I should have posted the review for chapter 2. Don't know how the heck that happened but I just wanted to clarify.

The terms and references just fly by me, so, I would have to go back to it a later date with fresh mind and eyes. Again, solidly intense prolouge. Good job with that.
Datathee chapter 5 . 5/9/2018
Have the other students been punished as well? That punishment is unfair. It didn't fit the crime. Sachika helped save Aiko from demented probably frustrated girls.

Ashina is intriguing. Judging by Sachika's reaction to her presence, it seems Ashina is someone that Aiko will have to be careful around. In the future, I expect their paths will intersect and it might not be pretty.

So the Blood Contract isn't something to toy with. I kinda want to see what would happen if the Coordinator and Familiar hated each other's guts.

When it comes to the Blood Contract were you inspired by the Greeks or Spartans? I could be wrong but I think the Spartans at least encouraged relationships between soldiers to strengthen their bonds.
Kahoruko711 chapter 1 . 4/25/2018
Whoa, talk about an intense prologue. I wasn't expecting to step right into the carnage and mayhem of the war. It does look interesting so far though. But, I didn't like how short it was, because I was starting to get into it, lol. Other than that, this looks like something promising. Keep up the good work.

I'm also into yuri, so, that's a big plus there! I'll be keeping an eye on Aiko and Sachi, if they are meant to be the desitned couple.
JaDeCe chapter 4 . 4/23/2018
So this school... Are the girls teenagers or there isn't a age requirement here? Its for all ages because some of them seem older and most seem like children.

Aiko baby. You only have b-cups. Try having d then you can feel uncomfortable. You barely have breast baby.

Now im a little nervous for whats going to happen in the next few days. Aiko is already traumatized. Im scared for what will happen but im ready to read it.
JaDeCe chapter 3 . 4/23/2018
Oh... Muh god.

Girl, i was 5 seconds from throwing my phone across the room. These bitches really tried it (excuse the profanity if that bothers). Seeing Aiko in that vulnerable state made me just wanna jump into the story and fight those broads off my damn self.

Sachika is now my favorite. Im glad she beat they ass, but im sad that they didnt die. So, im assuming attacks like that dont kill the familiars. Just hinder them.

Ooo girl action. Im all for it. Im still learning more about essence so that flash stepping has a name. Are the familiars the only ones who are able to do it? Are the familiars the only ones that fight? Guess i gotta find out by reading it.

Good chapter by the way.
JaDeCe chapter 2 . 4/22/2018
I like it.

First off, that prolouge was everything.

Im aleays for a story focused around an a female cast. The character development is edvident here. I already like all three characters introduced. Sad that i know something the main cast don't know from the prolouge. A lot of questions like whats a essence and what exactly are those creatures but ill just have to keep reading.

Good job.
Datathee chapter 3 . 4/21/2018
Aww the buddies are separated :( Poor Aiko. I hope she doesn't get caught up with those psycho 2nd years. Hopefully, she'll survive this weird place.

So far, there are two people who've clocked Aiko with interest. With Mistress Daiki, is there a familial connection? As for Ashina, I'm curious to see why she noticed Aiko.
Datathee chapter 2 . 4/14/2018
Oooh! I like this! I must say this is a better setup for introducing the school. It's great to see you've kept Sachika and Hibiki.

Having girls be the only ones who can use the Nebula tissue is an interesting premise. I'm curious to see where this goes.

So far, I enjoyed Aiko's relationship with Bethany and Uli. They seem to be the sort that will have your back.

The girl that Aiko met, was that Sachika?

I'll continue to read on :)
Datathee chapter 1 . 4/8/2018
I prefer this prologue more. You've introduced character names so it's easier to track connections to your plot.

Can't wait to see the next chapter!
The-Lost-Cat-Of-Forgotten-Gods chapter 1 . 4/8/2018
You didn't just... I could change the reading format on fp all this time? Darn, I feel like an idiot now...

Nicely done! I'm totally seeing this in AoT drawing style (for some reason, idk why). I can imagine it would be a bit odd to read for people who aren't into anime/ manga though, but oh well. I'll probably continue with it later.

~Lost Cat