Reviews for An Unlikely Love Story
Jenny L. Gale chapter 16 . 6/16
Now you know it doesn't matter what I think. This has always been and will always be Your Story. Write what touches your heart and along the way, you'll touch the reader's heart as well. I just hadn't expected you to end Glenn & Ellie's story so soon. I thought you had another tale to tell in their life. But hey! That's why they makes serialized novels!

As for this chapter, it was like watching an episode of Law & Order. The best part was Glenn's turn on the stand. When he said, "He's alive. He should be grateful" I could hear the threatening growl in his voice. All and all an interesting chapter, and if the story is rounding to a close, a satisfying ending.

PS: I totally meant to read and review last night, but, in the old western speak, I done plum forgot. :)
MattyHants chapter 16 . 6/14
OMG! Ellie had a miscarriage? I suppose, back in 1880 in a part of the world where medical facilities are much scarcer than today, that miscarriage was more common in those days. Still doesn’t compensate Glenn and Ellie for their loss in any way, but still...

It was good to see that there wasn’t another miscarriage (of justice) in the courtroom! I think you did a marvellous job, Natchez, of capturing the atmosphere of an 1880’s Denver courthouse - I could clearly picture the scene, so I doff my hat to you!
gracefish21 chapter 16 . 6/14
Sooo good! Id love more chapters
Jenny L. Gale chapter 15 . 6/9
Well, those two are off to a solid start. A few bumps on the sex-ed road, as is to be expected for poor Ellie, but if they aren’t careful there’s gonna be a whole bunch of little Glenn’s and Ellie’s running around.

Good follow-up chapter to the action of the last. Will be interesting to see how Ellie handles ranch life and being a new wife at the same time. Here’s to hoping they face many perils. Throw something else at these guys. Let’s see what they can handle. LOL
gracefish21 chapter 15 . 6/9
Sooogood!
MattyHants chapter 15 . 6/9
Crikey! It may be freezing outside, but in that bedroom it’s getting seriously hot! I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there wasn’t a patch of bare roof above their room where all the snow has melted and no more can settle on it, lol! It’s like the two of them are emitting some kind of sensual radiation!
MattyHants chapter 14 . 6/7
Well, that ‘thing’ Dashell certainly got what he deserved - and hopefully ‘it’ will be in for more once the authorities in Denver get their hands on him. As we say here in Blighty, “e’s goin’ down!”

I think this chapter says as much about camaraderie as it does about love - Glenn’s friends were prepared to put themselves at risk in order to help save his beloved. Any one of them could have been caught in the crossfire but they were prepared to take that risk for him. And why? Well, because they know that Glenn would do the same for them in a heartbeat.
And as for Ellie, well, once again we’ve seen her inner strength, that she won’t go down without a fight, and that given the opportunity she would totally have done to Dashell what Glenn ended up doing - possibly even worse!
Jenny L. Gale chapter 14 . 6/6
This reminded me of that scene in Lonesome Dove where Gus goes to save Lorena from Blue Duck. I'm talking about the travel time. Its not like today, where you can jump into a car and save the day in a mattered minutes. Traveling back then took time, and I like that you kept to what real life was like back then. Even for Ellie. She knew better than to say anything in her own defense to anyone. Most of the men wouldn't have believed her anyway. She was just a woman and most men would have thought her crazy just like she thought. Even the damn marshal didn't attempt to intervene when they knew what was going on. I think that ticked me off more than Dashell, because I knew both Glenn and Ellie would their damage to him. Though, if Glenn didn't castrate him, I sure hope he left him with a nub. LOL!
gracefish21 chapter 14 . 6/6
Sooogood!

Do you plan to write more historical romance? It's my favorite ... And there is not nearly enough on this site
gracefish21 chapter 13 . 6/2
Omgggg I oooooo be this story! Need more
Jenny L. Gale chapter 13 . 6/1
Well, that was unexpected! I expected some action, but you really drew that one out. And you left us with a cliffhanger. Way to go! I really want to see Ellie shank that SOB. Or would I rather Glenn stare him down across a dusty street, six shooter in hand? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Favorite part-Ellie and her "Go. To. Hell." I can't wait for the dagger to make its appearance somewhere near that man's heather regions. :D
Jenny L. Gale chapter 12 . 6/1
Well done. Touchy subject for them times. People had a different way of thinking then, and not all of their ways were good. Its a subject I've always wanted to tackle, but I don't know how well I'd do with period pieces. I like how you handled it, though. Your way of writing sexual scenes isn't overt, but it also doesn't hide anything. You're truthful, not raunchy. That's what I like about the way you portray the physical part of their relationship. Onto the next chapter, to see if Glenn puts the beating on one James Fuller Dashell.
MattyHants chapter 13 . 5/31
James Dashell is not a man - he is simply not worthy of the word ‘man’ for no man would ever treat a woman the way he, or rather ‘it’ would be more appropriate, has treated our dear Sweet Ellie. For me, the title of ‘man’ is something that must be earned, via one’s deeds, showing respect and kindness for others, being honourable and decent - anytime those lines are transgressed, he must be stripped of the title of ‘man’ as only an animal would behave with such depravity. And James Dashell is as depraved an individual as any decent and moral person could ever have the misfortune to run into.

Dashell is SO going down once Glenn catches up to ‘it’, let’s hope he does something that Dashell would be utterly incapable of - showing mercy, and letting the law take care of the matter.

Already looking forward to the next chapter!
AwkwardSubmarine chapter 12 . 5/27
Not gonna lie, I was completely horrified by my first sex-ed class at 10, but I am legit grateful every day that I didn't have to grow up in a time when that wasn't even an option.

I'm taking notes on how you switch perspectives, because it's very effective and something I badly need to work on.

Looking forward to the next one!
MattyHants chapter 12 . 5/27
Uh-oh! For a moment there as Ellie caught sight of Dashell I heard the music that The Bride hears in ‘Kill Bill’ whenever she sees one of her enemies. And if this bride, ie Ellie, is as tough as her modern day counterpart, Dashell will never wish he’d been born!

Excellent chapter as always, with some nice suspense building up - can’t wait to see what transpires in the next instalment!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »