Reviews for An Unlikely Love Story
M chapter 18 . 9/4
Beautiful and well written! Thanks for sharing
Guest chapter 18 . 8/7
I loved loved this story! Can’t wait for the next one! Keep them coming!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/5
I absolutely loved this book! You are an amazing author!
Please keep the stories coming!
AstCG chapter 18 . 7/30
This ending gave me the chills and a bit of an existential crisis about the future. What a great story!
Jenny L. Gale chapter 18 . 7/26
Nicely wrapped up in a pretty ribbon, just like Ellie and Glenn's letters. I really enjoyed these last two chapters. I think it was some of your strongest writing. You put a lot of your heart in the second to last one. It was almost like you were the relative retelling the story of your grandparents. I was half expecting to find out that Meg was Ellie's distant relative. LOL! But you ended it perfectly. I especially loved the little girl calling, "Mawmaw!" That's how we say it sown here, too. My mom is from Alabama and we always called her mom Ma-Maw and her grandmother Me-Maw. Neat to find things in common like that.

Congrats on completing a second story, dear, and much luck in you future writing endeavors.
MattyHants chapter 18 . 7/25
And so Glenn and Ellie’s tale comes to an end, and I have to say it’s been a real pleasure being along for the ride. Even though romance is not my preferred genre I have to admit I’ve really enjoyed following this story right from the beginning, and what a wonderful way to end it by brining it right up to date.

Great job, Natchez - I know everyday life can get in the way of the Muse and stem the flow of the creative juices to a trickle, but you’ve soldiered on in the face of adversity and got the job done.

As we say here in Blighty, “job’s a good ‘un!”
Jenny L. Gale chapter 16 . 6/16
Now you know it doesn't matter what I think. This has always been and will always be Your Story. Write what touches your heart and along the way, you'll touch the reader's heart as well. I just hadn't expected you to end Glenn & Ellie's story so soon. I thought you had another tale to tell in their life. But hey! That's why they makes serialized novels!

As for this chapter, it was like watching an episode of Law & Order. The best part was Glenn's turn on the stand. When he said, "He's alive. He should be grateful" I could hear the threatening growl in his voice. All and all an interesting chapter, and if the story is rounding to a close, a satisfying ending.

PS: I totally meant to read and review last night, but, in the old western speak, I done plum forgot. :)
MattyHants chapter 16 . 6/14
OMG! Ellie had a miscarriage? I suppose, back in 1880 in a part of the world where medical facilities are much scarcer than today, that miscarriage was more common in those days. Still doesn’t compensate Glenn and Ellie for their loss in any way, but still...

It was good to see that there wasn’t another miscarriage (of justice) in the courtroom! I think you did a marvellous job, Natchez, of capturing the atmosphere of an 1880’s Denver courthouse - I could clearly picture the scene, so I doff my hat to you!
gracefish21 chapter 16 . 6/14
Sooo good! Id love more chapters
Jenny L. Gale chapter 15 . 6/9
Well, those two are off to a solid start. A few bumps on the sex-ed road, as is to be expected for poor Ellie, but if they aren’t careful there’s gonna be a whole bunch of little Glenn’s and Ellie’s running around.

Good follow-up chapter to the action of the last. Will be interesting to see how Ellie handles ranch life and being a new wife at the same time. Here’s to hoping they face many perils. Throw something else at these guys. Let’s see what they can handle. LOL
gracefish21 chapter 15 . 6/9
Sooogood!
MattyHants chapter 15 . 6/9
Crikey! It may be freezing outside, but in that bedroom it’s getting seriously hot! I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there wasn’t a patch of bare roof above their room where all the snow has melted and no more can settle on it, lol! It’s like the two of them are emitting some kind of sensual radiation!
MattyHants chapter 14 . 6/7
Well, that ‘thing’ Dashell certainly got what he deserved - and hopefully ‘it’ will be in for more once the authorities in Denver get their hands on him. As we say here in Blighty, “e’s goin’ down!”

I think this chapter says as much about camaraderie as it does about love - Glenn’s friends were prepared to put themselves at risk in order to help save his beloved. Any one of them could have been caught in the crossfire but they were prepared to take that risk for him. And why? Well, because they know that Glenn would do the same for them in a heartbeat.
And as for Ellie, well, once again we’ve seen her inner strength, that she won’t go down without a fight, and that given the opportunity she would totally have done to Dashell what Glenn ended up doing - possibly even worse!
Jenny L. Gale chapter 14 . 6/6
This reminded me of that scene in Lonesome Dove where Gus goes to save Lorena from Blue Duck. I'm talking about the travel time. Its not like today, where you can jump into a car and save the day in a mattered minutes. Traveling back then took time, and I like that you kept to what real life was like back then. Even for Ellie. She knew better than to say anything in her own defense to anyone. Most of the men wouldn't have believed her anyway. She was just a woman and most men would have thought her crazy just like she thought. Even the damn marshal didn't attempt to intervene when they knew what was going on. I think that ticked me off more than Dashell, because I knew both Glenn and Ellie would their damage to him. Though, if Glenn didn't castrate him, I sure hope he left him with a nub. LOL!
gracefish21 chapter 14 . 6/6
Sooogood!

Do you plan to write more historical romance? It's my favorite ... And there is not nearly enough on this site
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »