Reviews for Through My Eyes
Shadowgate chapter 5 . 10/15
"History is written by winners." Blackie Lawless singer of WASP!
Shadowgate chapter 4 . 10/15
That's a unique way to compose it all into categories. The ego and the heart can always override the brain and lead to a computer malfunction especially if one had misinterpreted data from other humans.
Shadowgate chapter 3 . 9/5
You defined imagination perfectly. You also explained how social conservatives and religious fanatics see nudity as a terrible crime even when it comes to bathing.
Shadowgate chapter 2 . 9/5
This essay was brilliant. It reminds me of a similar essay my sixth grade English teacher wrote.

Great historical focus as well!
Luna Abbot chapter 2 . 7/26
How delightful, even if everyone being able to write is for better or worse. You have an interesting and rightful outlook, I think.

P.S.-I do not slack, I seek to make life efficient! :P
Luna Abbot chapter 1 . 7/26
I think it[Fictionpress]'s not picked up speed because it's still stayed really simple!
I love it for that same reason, and it feels...more mature somehow that way?
Onwards!
Phineas Redux chapter 15 . 7/24
Chapt. 12. A return to Primitivism which is perfect in its detail. A fine description of the general themes which much Post-Apocalyptic literature now takes as its own. A genre starting, possibly, with Richard Jefferies’ ‘After London’ of 1885.

Chapt. 13. Incorporeal Life throughout the universe. A hypothesis which is grand in its conception, if relying on the intellect more than perceived fact. Something, certainly, to widen the horizons of the mind. An area which Isaac Asimov or Philip K Dick may have covered, though I’m not sure on this. Your second point, of planets having Life of their own, reflects, I believe, the Gaia theory which is still being argued over to this day.

Chapt. 15. Ah, home territory. You make a strong point in saying that literature merely emphasises the battle between pure Good and pure Evil, rather than the mix or synthesis which it takes in normal life in the real world. Excellent material I will enjoy mulling over further.

Great analysis, altogether, of wide, interesting, and serious ideas.
SaltwaterJanuary chapter 15 . 7/8
I always think it's funny how heroes in stories look "nice" and the viallains look ugly. When actually very often good looks like the awful thing to do and evil looks good.
Good and evil are not as simple as they seem, but at the same time they aren't diificult. Maybe simple, but not easy.
zanybellecloudo chapter 5 . 7/2
Good points made here. History is like a bunch of agreed upon lies. Wars are often struggles of power and self fulfilment. Perhaps more so, we should stop looking at our past because we never seem to learn from it and remain doomed to repeat our mistakes. Our understanding of time is strange. I'm sure when the world is almost destroyed in the future, time will start yet again and all we know now will be destroyed. Perhaps for the better. ZB.
SaltwaterJanuary chapter 14 . 7/1
AI is an interesting subject. All too often I avoid it- maybe it secretly troubles me.
I feel like an AI leader would be beneficial in some ways, but not in other. Logic is very important in decision-making, but I have also seen how emotion is important. A lot of harm can be done if there is no balance, I believe.
While AI and other robots are helpful, I do not think they should be depended on much. After all, it takes a programmar to be able to program the machines. If we are dependent on machines, we are falling into a rather dangerous trust with the creator of it.
SaltwaterJanuary chapter 13 . 7/1
These are some really good points actually. Energy like that is an amazing thing.
Specks the Legendary chapter 11 . 6/25
Nicely said
Ckh chapter 10 . 6/23
A well thought essay about time. Indeed, thinking about time might as well be circular, but the theoretical applications of time lend themselves nicely to fiction, where the artist is free to bend it to their will. I don't think we'll ever grasp the complexity of time - not in the next hundred years anyway. A coherent essay piece with clear meanings.
Ckh chapter 11 . 6/23
A fascinating insight into the history of fictionpress. I never knew that there used to be a premium membership and a featured story tab specially used by said members. I do think the site has changed for the better after reading through your documentation, though the community tab is still heavily under utilized. FP has a special place in my heart too. Though I haven't joined for a relatively long time, I do find myself coming back to this site after abandoning it for videos and games. Something about the site is charming, even in its outdated ways.
zanybellecloudo chapter 4 . 6/20
I often dwell on the subject of the human mind. Yours is an interesting philosophy. When you refer to 'persona' it feels like split personalities are created based on the different ways a person responds or interacts. However, we often revert to our natural personality type which forms from a young age. Childhood determines your emotional and physical responses to situations - especially when pressurised or relaxed. With emotionally fragile upbringings comes a more nervous and shy response, with emotionally positive experiences comes a more confident and reckless personality. It is extremely difficult to change this rooted personality type (maybe the one you refer to as the ego). It is true, we can act differently in different situations, but these can often be based on societal norms. At work, we need to be professional and helpful, at home we can laugh and be silly, etc.

In terms of the relationship programme, I find first impressions is a poor way to judge a person. In fact, we are more likely to stay in negative relationships because of the built history overtime. To rebuild this knowledge and understanding with another person is a daunting task. We must start new programmes, discard them, try again, and so on, until we finally start to have something of meaning. Memories can also be selective in relationships, we are more likely to remember the bad than the good, but equally the good becomes great when you look back.

Society, knowledge and experiences with other shape the mind throughout time. Sometimes, these external influences over which we have no control can change the mind forever.
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »