Reviews for The Outlier
onceuponastarrr chapter 59 . 8/17/2019
I’m still feeling quite lost at chapter 59, it really feels like I missed one or two entire books of backstory before this, but it’s been a pretty thrilling ride nonetheless. Thank you for writing.
SuperGreG chapter 52 . 1/28/2019
Making it through to chapter 52, like many of the characters in the orbit of the central character, I still often feel like I know only slightly more than half of what's going on at any given point. Even so, that hardly seems to undermine the enjoyment of the experience of this rocket-propelled roller-coaster ride. It's all a matter of just hanging on tight and going with the flow. Even recently learning of who or what the 'Outlier' might be, I'm fully prepared for the possibility that anything that I think I know could easily be completely turned on it's head. Looking forward to seeing where the mayhem leads.

Cheers
SGI
SuperGreG chapter 23 . 1/7/2019
More than 20 chapters in, after just a few days, I find that I thoroughly enjoy this story, without being quite sure of why or how to explain that in a review... but I'll try.
I find that the story structure reads really well, from one chapter to the next. The plot movement seems to hold together nicely through the unfolding mayhem. Certain plot details remain tantalisingly nebulous, often coming out in just little dribs and drabs and then occasional big surprises. That actually works well to stem the tide of information overload... or cracking the strained plausibility threshold at any given moment. While that core character commonly relies upon a measure of juvenile deflection to keep everyone else off balance, he's occasionally a bit much... with his excessive immaturity. Also, some of the other character's dialogue occasionally drop to his level too easily... the detective actually seemed a little OOC at times, but I willingly let that go and just read on. At the least, all the characters are actually adults, even if one notably acts otherwise. Either way, it all comes across as an enjoyably twisted romp across space and time, with plenty of weird shenanigans in the mix. It's certainly entertaining. I'll keep reading.

Cheers