Reviews for Cold Gold
Ckh chapter 1 . 6/16
A solid beginning. Everything feels real and tense, the short sentences helping to punctuate the ruthlessly of this world the story is set in. This is really, really good, what a first chapter should be. You even have a nice o' cliffhanger. Nice.

Side note:
"Even still glare at her" should work better as "Even glare at her". Cut out the still or even. They feel kinda excessive. But thats just my take.
Kitsune95 chapter 1 . 6/15
This is a great and interesting start!
I would have liked there to have been a bit more world-building, but I also think you did well in introducing the important/relevant parts.

It's also refreshing to read something written in the present tense - I don't find enough of those. I also like how it builds up to this moment where we might learn more about Margaret. And then ends. Great place to end, in my opinion.
Good job :)
AwkwardJello chapter 1 . 6/11
I really like how suspenseful the ending was and how it leaves the reader on the edge of their seats. I also liked Margaret's show of fearlessness at the beginning of the story when she stood up to the boy. You portrayed it really well! Looking forward to the next chapter:).