Reviews for Scheherazade
zagato chapter 1 . 2/3/2019
This is wonderful, thank you!
Chronic Guardian chapter 1 . 9/1/2018
...

*Slow clap crescendo*

Okay, you win again. This is easily one of my favorite pieces of the year. Everything is just so perfectly orchestrated! All the little hints (I /loved/ the whole "He's been ruling for about three years now" thing foreshadowing the 999 nights that have already passed), all the little reveals, and every ounce of tension in this battle of wits comes together to create a thoroughly engaging Lloyd Alexander-esque story that had me captivated through and through.

It also only just occurs to me now that our wonderful protagonist went unnamed throughout the entire story. Wow! Nice work juggling that one!

I could say that the dialogue at the end feels decidedly less fairy-taleish, but that's really the worst of it. And when the biggest flaw I can find in a story is that one element doesn't perfectly fit my personal tastes, I'd say you're more than fine.

Also, typo report (Because I care)

"..and [she(?)] knew he could take her far [further] than any fool here could"

"by [the] only unbreakable oath"

"I [will] send them after you"

Oh, but, man, what a climax! I honestly didn't know which way you were going to go with this one. You didn't owe us a happy ending, but I'm certainly glad we got one anyway. Beautiful work, L.

May you go in truth,
-CG
Aviantei chapter 1 . 8/11/2018
Greetings once again, L! I must say, a fantastic job with this piece. The opening line was powerful, and the rest of the paragraph was also rich in beautiful details.

You definitely did a great job capturing that fairy tale like tone in the narration, and I was honestly sucked into all the details you used. Really stellar work on this one. I don’t know what else to say on the subject.

I do hope you get the chance to grace us with another one shot this summer. Until then (or your next writing of any kind), I bid you adieu!

-Avi