Reviews for Quotes
kiara jasmine chapter 1 . 2/17
Have you tried to post in other platforms? I am so interested in your work. My name is Kiara a talent scout for fast-growing platform. May I know how to reach you professionally?
Chris Rohmer chapter 1 . 8/18/2019
This is an interesting collection. Maybe you don't have plans for this, but the first thing that comes to my mind is something like what David Markson did in his last five books beginning with "Wittgenstein's Mistress." Those books consisted of short statements, many of them quotes, but arranged in a poetic way, some of which operate in a similar way to haiku. The final quote you list (often attributed to Dorothy Parker, by the way) might have been rendered by Markson as

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy, quipped Tom Waits in response to a remark by Barth Gimble in 1977, quoting a line attributed to (possibly apocryphally) Dorothy Parker who died ten years previous."

This line would then link to subsequent lines referencing Parker, perhaps in the context of her being listed second in the all-time list of the World's Greatest Writers and Drinkers.

Now that I'm recounting this, I'm remembering a novel I read recently where the writer is trying to hunt down a source for a quote and can't find who was responsible for the original quote. In the end he discovers that the line he's quoting is apparently self-created out of the vacuum, the zero-energy point of literature itself. Might this story I'm remembering have been in "Mac's Problem" by Enrique Vila-Matas? Hmmm. Or maybe in a book by Rodrigo Fresan.
Austyn Layne chapter 1 . 6/4/2019
Awesome quotes!
RaisingDad chapter 1 . 5/8/2019
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy," is my favorite quote.
MiMiChoo chapter 1 . 8/18/2018
Love the quotes! So many funny ones! :)
Dougie Zerts chapter 1 . 8/14/2018
Great quotes!
katniss15 chapter 1 . 8/7/2018
The Back to the Future quote is from the second one. Did you mean that it isn't the year 2018 as 2017 was last year? Interesting quotes.