Reviews for The Dragoneye Gem
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 31 . 12/26/2018
Hm, I wonder if a part of Aelkryhn lives on in the gem. And how much.
Things are finally moving fast. Looking forward to when we finally see other dragons move right into the middle of the story's happenings. And how the dragons' help will be a matter of hope and victory, instead of having the people run away with fear, and talking about a dragon invasion.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 30 . 12/23/2018
"But… you are known throughout the kingdom for being empty-headed and innocent." - Ahah, mean. "But when the simple-minded use words in such a way, I know that they must come from the heart." - Wow.
I wonder if the ability to talk to and understand animals will be something they can work to their favor in future confrontations and difficulties.
Happy Holidays to you as well.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 29 . 12/17/2018
I like seeing the doubt and fear from Tilldale's point of view.
Also, the introduction of the monstrous barbarian king adds more to the threat and the stakes in the situation. It makes us wonder even more whether Dunwyl's idea of Tilldale's redemption is even possible.
Cheers.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 28 . 12/10/2018
Oh dear, you surprised me when I found my own name staring back at me at the top of the page. Um, uh, you're welcome.
Hm, nice idea about warming oneself's against chimneys. I'll keep that in mind in case one day I'll need it.
By the way, something I forgot to mention earlier, it's good how you showed that the community is missing their magic folk, like there's an unfilled void being left since. Like in the chapter with the chamber pot.
And now there's more hope.
Now that I've caught up, I wonder how long you plan this story to be.
Thanks for the read! Will probably stay updated. Good luck with bringing this story to the finish!
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 27 . 12/10/2018
Wow. And here I am writing my story after my depression as a way to look back and remind myself of how I got past what I had gone through.
But yes, Dunwyl had been showing symptoms of depression for a while since things went downhill at the start, even though it's been hinted that it had started since his father's death.
Hm, I wonder what effects would Aelkrhyn's death would have to the dragonkind. Whether it would bring their interference and how.
Oo, a confession.
Your 'fluffy' scenes are quite comforting.
The infernal cold though. I wonder if the story extends to spring.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 26 . 12/9/2018
And the pieces come together, and we're back to the prologue again.
Oh dear. A main character's death. More pressure on the story. I like how you make this a turning point where the protagonists are all finally ready to march on without his guidance.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 25 . 12/9/2018
Aelkryhn, pls.
Anyway, interesting plans. Also, an intense stealth mission.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 24 . 12/9/2018
Good job amping up the apprehension.
That chamber pot though.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 21 . 12/9/2018
Fluffy.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 20 . 12/9/2018
Hm... not sure how effective that would be. The fact that 1900 are still missing and only 100 are found, and all 100 are found dead...
Anyway, I like how you showed Tilldale's 'kindly' side whenever he's not blinded by his single-minded hate.
Also, nice little scene with the hero and the princess each facing their own hurts and healing each other.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 19 . 12/9/2018
Hm... did they really travel that far without even a dagger? I don't think people usually travel all those distance without any weapon for self-defense.
'Conscience'... That's a strange word for gut-feeling... I thought people usually use 'intuition' for that.
A hero with a crutch... I wonder how that'll affect the story.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 18 . 12/9/2018
Huh. Dream-training. How convenient.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 17 . 12/9/2018
Oo. Dunwyl being manly.
Hm... must have been a strong blow, to crush a mountain lion's skull with just a rock... I'm not sure a girl could manage that, actually. A mountain lion's pretty big, and its skull is probably stronger than a human's. But if it's a sharp piece of rock and it went through the lion's eye and into the gooey brain beyond, that might work.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 16 . 12/9/2018
Oh my. I guessed correctly.

Huh, funny how the tables turned. Now Daini showed some of what she's worth as Dunwyl lapsed into... cutting himself? Hope there'll be more scenes where Daini shows her worth.

That's some wise horse. Would be funny if someone mentioned 'I heard it straight from the horse's mouth'.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 15 . 12/9/2018
Interesting... You rather had a time skip and recounting their escape instead of showing it firsthand. It works, I guess.
Also, among other things, I noticed that along the story, you showed how every injury is an excruciating ordeal, with consequences in waiting them heal. So the stakes feel higher, and the threats and dangers, more real. Nicely done.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »