Reviews for The Dragoneye Gem
Morrowseer chapter 1 . 12/9/2018
Oh fuck there’s a Dragoneye gem in my story I didn’t even mean to copy your title. I got my idea from an anime about the gem. Hopefully I don’t piss anyone off.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 14 . 12/7/2018
Would be amusing if that trick turn out to be having the Princess and Dunwyl swapping clothes.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 12 . 12/7/2018
Hmm, not a big fan of using coincidences to bring people together conveniently for the plot. Hopefully there'll be an easier to accept reason (maybe explained later) for that beyond sheer chance.
On a side note, I wonder how common are talking animals. Would be weird if the horse could talk, and there's no reason for that other than plot convenience. I mean, Daini was surprised to see the dragon talk, but not the horse.
Nevertheless, while a little bit sudden, it's amusing to see people on both sides of the unfortunate circumstances being brought together and facing their own mistakes. I hope Daini would grow out of her more annoying traits sooner or later.
Ps. I could tell you enjoyed writing the river scene.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 10 . 12/7/2018
Wow. Didn't expect that sudden ship. First Dunwyl and the Princess, now Aydrin and Genyfr.
Hm... iron. That's a pretty clever handicap. I mean, instead of inventing some otherworldly anti-magic material, you both simplify and complicate the anti-magic conundrum in a good way. Simplify, as in readers can imagine how the enemy will utilize the material playing the role as the bane of magic, and complicate, as in, it being such a common and widely-used material, the magic side will need to outsmart that fact.
Daini, pls...
Hm, strange how different she sounds here (and the past few chapters) compared to the shrewd Princess rejecting suitors with her own brand of worldly wisdom...
And the villain's madness is revealed.
Hmm... I wonder how common magic is. I mean, quite a number of the knights would have imprisoned acquaintances if it's common. That might trigger a rebellion, or at least, the protagonists' side might find themselves having unexpected allies.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 9 . 12/7/2018
Oo, a talking horse. As an exposition device. Otherwise Aelkhryn wouldn't have any excuse to talk and explain. x3
Hmm... green souls, huh. The one mentioned in the summary. I wonder if the ability to see souls count as cheating if he's able to detect people who are not what they seem...
Ah, I guess you're using third-person omniscient POV, seeing how you mention stuff that are from both Aelkhryn and Dunwyl's POVs.
Will read on, the story is getting more intense, with Dunwyl having his sister added to the stakes at hand. Cheers.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 6 . 12/7/2018
Hmm, Daini had to be under a lot of pressure to just hand over the duties of the King to Tilldale... without even giving it a different name...
Looks like Aydrin might hold the deuteragonist position, the way things go. Either him or Daini, but Daini seems to have a lot to learn at the moment... Hm, but it could be Daini as well, seeing how Aydrin is injured quite badly at the moment. That might take a long while to heal...
Huh, your major characters have an aversion to alcohol. That's interesting.
Ahahah, chosen suitor. Good point, Mister Physician.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 5 . 12/6/2018
Hm... I'm sensing Aelkryhn is playing a dangerous game... Treason on the human side, and trying to appease the ruler of dragons...
I'm glad it's not as simple as 'dragons: good' versus 'human government: bad.' Hopefully the plot will utilize the intrigue well...
So far, Aelkhryn is the one solving most of our protagonist's problems, so I'd be interested to see that time when they'll find something even Aelkhryn couldn't help him with, when we'll see his true character tested.
Cheers.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 4 . 12/6/2018
Loving the developments. This chapter finally gives the story a direction after the chapters preceding it set up the premise. Characterization is tip-top and the story reads smoothly, as usual.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 3 . 12/6/2018
I love that first scene with the Princess. So much depth, conveyed in such a casual manner.
Great job showing how a princess' life isn't all happy, but with its own share of frustrations and feeling lost amidst overwhelming challenges.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 2 . 12/6/2018
I like your prose. It showed the interactions, the characters, the actions, the world and its harshness, the bits of telling, all in a balanced way, so it flows.
Ps. We all wished we have glamour spells that'd make our food taste better.
lunzvsiwtcgk chapter 1 . 12/6/2018
Hm... A sea of italics.
A strong beginning with a raw show of emotions. It's good how you showed his single-mindedness for blaming and unwillingness to empathize, marking him as an antagonist (or an antihero?).
ElvenValar chapter 1 . 8/5/2018