|Reviews for The Perfect Emma|
| Myst Marshall chapter 66 . 7/4/2019
I stumbled upon The Perfect Grayson and realized that it was a sequel, so I decided to hop over here before I began reading the sequel.
This story really caught my attention because I am a sucker for crime shows, but I haven't really read many crime books, so I was super excited when I found this. You guys made me so invested in the case, that I literally binged this story in two sittings haha. My eyes hurt from staring at the screen for so long, but it was worth it.
Some things that I wanted to point out! :)
1. I love the fact that Aaron is the villain, rather than making a random stranger the Ghost Killer because it really added to Gray's character. That the only person he grown to trust betrayed him in the end... wow that was really heartbreaking. Add on to the fact that Aaron's first victim was Gray's wife... :O
2. Emma's trauma was so realistically portrayed! The way that the two of you wrote it was just a right balance of being traumatized in the aftermath, but not over the top. And I really enjoyed Emma's progression, from mechanically behaving like the perfect Emily to beginning to mouth back to other people and etc. Even though by the end, Emma was still scarred, especially when seeing Aaron, I'm excited to continue to follow her journey in The Perfect Grayson.
3. I thought it was really super cool that this was actually a joint story between the two of you because the story flowed so well together. At first, I was worried that the writing styles were going to be considerably different and make it a jarring read, but this was so well written and it all flowed together! I also can't believe that you wrote four dozen books already? That's so amazing, where do you guys get all of your inspiration from?
4. Gray and Emma's relationship is really cute, especially the kiss at the end. I'm glad Emma is making progress! And I liked how in the beginning Emma depended on Gray for support, but in the end, the roles kind of reversed. I love balanced relationships! :)
5. The pacing of this story was good. There were no points in the story where I felt like it was dragging although I wished that there was a bit more scenes involving all of the dead leads to finding Emma (and perhaps plant doubt in Gray's mind about Aaron?)
6. The fact that you revealed to the readers who the Ghost Killer was really made me so emotionally invested into the story. At times, when Gray was sharing leads about the Ghost Killer to Aaron, I was internally screaming at Gray that he was stupid. And the scene where Gray went over to dinner...he looked at the basement door and didn't do anything? AHH
7. Did Aaron join the police force before or after Emily's death or did he join simply to be able to get away for so many years? For a man who got away with five other murders, it was pretty stupid on his part to order something with peanuts, but then again, he was getting cocky. Emma's peanut allergy really saved her.
8. Even though Emma can be considered a damsel in distress, I still liked that you added scenes where she attempted to fight back, like adding bleach in the spaghetti and calling the police. Also the fact that Emma was also the one to find Aaron, that was really brave of her to stay in the area; I know I would have turned tailed at first sight.
Sorry this is actually getting really long, but I was too invested to stop in between chapters to review my thoughts so here it is all, dumped into one long review.
Thank you both for writing and sharing this story with us! I really hope that you guys might decide to release some of your other works, but for now, I will settle myself with reading The Perfect Grayson.
See you there!
| BouncerRain chapter 67 . 4/9/2019
Can't wait for The Perfect Grayson! I so wasn't ready to say goodbye to these characters, so I'm glad you two are posting the sequel.
| marcie chapter 66 . 3/10/2019
I am super interested in the perfect grayson. This whole story had me on a journey and I loved it. You two write so well together. Please continue this story line! 3
| nowhere1758 chapter 66 . 3/10/2019
That was amazing, I don’t know what to say. I loved it and finished your story in one night (damn I’m tired). I’d love a sequel if that could happen I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to you characters; they were well written.
| lina.07 chapter 66 . 1/12/2019
You two are amazing writers! Everything flowed so well! I thought that was really cool since you guys didn’t plan anything out! Just, wow
Aaron was a sick fuck! Ugh, he made me so angry! I didn’t think he was the ghost killer cuz I was like naw, thats too obvious when he was staring at her but then at the end of the chapter he took Emma and I was like OH SHIT! I was dying waiting for Grayson to figure it out and when Emma did the phone call! I was like NOOO, she should’ve typed a message out to the girl but it made sense why she didn’t Reading her recovery was also heartbreaking, I can’t imagine how victims in real life survive something so traumatizing.
Her husband was a dick! He didn’t even think about what Emma went through at all and when Grayson told him off the last time, I was like YES! YOU TELL HIM! Cuz that’s what I was thinking too AND with Lily! SMH.
Also, I love Sabrina and Zach and the DA!
I REALLY WANT TO READ THE SEQUAL! It makes me sad you guys have a little bit of reviews because this story was so well written! The pace was great and I felt like the chapters were the perfect length and nothing dragged out.
I’d love to see how Grayson and Emma’s relationship preogressed and if she started teaching again! I loved the little moment with Isaac anyway, I hope to see you guys post it one day! Thank you for writing this story!
| Ezabellaa chapter 66 . 12/17/2018
Hey Alice and Alexis!
It was a wonderful story. I really loved it. And I finished it in 1 and a half day. :)
I also read 'Kingdom of Talador 'and wanted to say that that one is also awesome.
I would really love to read the sequel. Post it if you guys can.
Thanks for posting such a beautiful story.
Lots of love.
| Guest chapter 41 . 12/4/2018
I am really glad that you did not drag this story plot longer than nescessary. Like getting kidnapped second time, him hiding and more drama, etc.
| Guest chapter 47 . 12/4/2018
I think Arthur and Emma would have gotten divorce eighter way. They weren't at the same page with their life before she was kidnaped.
| Guest chapter 51 . 12/4/2018
I like that Emma getting some normalcy in her life, and Grayson started to move on.
| Guest chapter 62 . 12/4/2018
| Guest chapter 63 . 12/4/2018
It is sad that we are at the and. I want more.
| Guest chapter 66 . 12/4/2018
I hope to see the sequel. I enjoyed reading the story. You both are accomplished writers. I would love to read more stories from you!
| Lafleurpreferee chapter 58 . 10/16/2018
I just read all (current) 58 chapters, and I’m hooked! I’ve really enjoyed the alternating perspectives, as well as the passage of time; because you write in jumps in time, the story doesn’t drag. I can’t wait to see what happens and how Emma and Grayson continue to develop as people- they each have major hurdles to work with. Thank you for sharing your story! Looking forward to the next update!
| Guest chapter 41 . 9/9/2018
Thank you again for the great chapters. I am always happy to see that there is a new update. I really like the way you write and update really often. Please keep writing this story.
| MyMaskIsGrowingHeavy chapter 38 . 9/4/2018
Hi! I just read the whole thing and I love it so far :) I was surprised there aren't more reviews, but it seems the chapters have been getting uploaded pretty quickly, so that makes sense. Grayson is a dream, and I really like Emma and am glad she is coming more out of her shell. I hate Arthur, especially after this whole fiasco with Lily, and Lily is terrible as well. I am so interested to find out what happens with Aaron and to see how the relationship between Emma and Grayson progresses. Great job so far, to both of you. I think it is really impressive that this was written by two different people but doesn't feel disjointed at all. Awesome work!