Reviews for Macky and the Charm Offensive
s.sukumar chapter 11 . 10/22/2019
Thank you so much for updating this story. This has truly been a gift to me. Love you.
User Currently Unavailable chapter 10 . 10/9/2019
Alright, it took me some time to get back to reading this, which may colour my opinion, but I have to be honest and say that this chapter felt extremely long. To begin with, I thought things were moving too fast, but now they drag out forever. I liked the save-the-cats subplot to begin with, but it feels as if it has taken over the entire story, and the romance is now a minor subplot.
I really did love this story from the very beginning, and I hope it'll pick up again soon. :)
User Currently Unavailable chapter 9 . 9/22/2019
Heeeeeeeey! I'm just here to let you know that I have neither forgotten about nor given up on this story - I've just had too much on my plate, lately. I had planned to read tonight, but then stuff happened, and now it's too late for me. WILL read on. Promise. *heart emoji* XD
User Currently Unavailable chapter 8 . 8/22/2019
I was so happy to see the notification e-mail for this chapter - it's still the only story I really care about reading. Don't worry about not replying. I'm just glad that you're back (I'll admit, I was slightly worried that something had happened to you), and that you're writing again. I know from personal experience how much it can affect you when you can't write for a while, no matter the reason, and it feels awful.
Another really lovely chapter, thank you. This is just the sweetest story ever. And I'm kinda bummed that Fictionpress won't let me add a heart emoji.
Anyway, it's good to have you back. *heart emoji*
User Currently Unavailable chapter 7 . 10/11/2018
I finally got around to reading this chapter! Every time I've had the time this past week, I've been so tired I was sure I wouldn't make it through to the end.
Anyway, still loving it. Macky IS a bit dense when it comes to Audrey, but it only makes him more likeable and sweet.
I think I've already said what there is to say, and my opinion is still the same. :D
Oh, and nice touch at the end. I like that Rowie is more than just a pretty attachment to Macky's friend. :)
Guest chapter 7 . 10/2/2018
Heeeey! I'm a Filipino too and I just want to let you know that I have been enjoying your story so far :) It kinda fires me up to keep writing my own story, though I am doing so in a slow pace what with all that things I have going on. Anyway, keep writing and I hope you update soon :)
User Currently Unavailable chapter 6 . 9/17/2018
I finally got around to reading this chapter! The weekend was crazy, and I wanted to wait until I had time and wouldn't fall asleep while reading.
Thanks for the shout out. You had me cracking up at the last line. :D
But there's absolutely no reason for you to apologise. I'm glad to have the very thorough explanation for the titles, but to be honest, I just realised that it's sort of prejudiced for me to think that everything should be written for "the Western world". Sorry 'bout that. I'll remember from now on and just google an explanation instead. :)
Anyway, another great chapter. I was a bit worried that the thing about the cats would make the story a bit... I don't know how to say it... But I was worried... But you managed to pull it off really well, keeping both the characters and the story on point.
Also, I love their thoughts on how we treat animals in general. How we think their lives aren't worth anything. It's very rare to come across someone who gets it. That animals weren't put on this planet for us to use and abuse. Whether they're just Macky's thoughts or yours as well, I like those thoughts. ;)
User Currently Unavailable chapter 5 . 9/3/2018
Haha... Thanks for the food on the table reference. :D
I. Don't. Get. It.
Why don't people review? This is the snarkiest, wittiest, and sweetest story out there right now. It's got absolutely everything I want in a romance. The pace is good, the characters are very well build, your descriptions and flash backs are awesome, the dialogue is good, and Macky is so likeable despite his flaws.
I don't get the Ate and Kuya thing, because we don't use it in my part of the world, so maybe a brief explanation at the beginning of the story would be good. But it's the only thing about the entire story that bothers me a little, and only because I don't understand it.
Can't wait for the next chapter. :)
Cazie chapter 1 . 9/3/2018
I REALLY enjoyed this first chapter! This is a really cool idea, and I can't wait to see what happens next!
User Currently Unavailable chapter 4 . 8/28/2018
Thank you so much! :)
And you answered both of my questions about this story in your note at the end. Thanks. :)
I'm still loving it. Maybe a little worried that things are moving too fast, but I'm sure you've got a plan. :)
Can't wait for the next chapter. :)
User Currently Unavailable chapter 3 . 8/24/2018
Of course I continue to read! I absolutely love this! My favourite story at the moment. :)
User Currently Unavailable chapter 1 . 8/19/2018
I didn't review the first chapter? Pretty sure I did. I wonder what went wrong. And now I wonder if something's wrong right now, so I just can't see my own review. Anyway, I love this. It's original, it's snarky, it's funny, and it's just the kind of story I've been looking for. Very few stories make me want to read on these days, but this one does. Nice job so far. :)
User Currently Unavailable chapter 2 . 8/19/2018