Reviews for The Marchioness of Torino
BradytheJust chapter 10 . 10/22
Hello, my friend! I've just started playing EU4 again and had to delve back into this novel as my playthrough goes on! :)

It's as fantastic as I remember, and I'm really excited to keep on reading. I certainly enjoyed the conflict between Cristina and Lucrezia, both of them focusing on a different side of the relationship. I'm not sure which side I'd pick. After all, Isabelle was across the sea, and letters can take weeks to arrive on a good day, but at the same time waiting a bit could have eased some consciences.

All this drama, a war looming, and a dead father... Teresa has a lot going against her, but I'm happy that she is doing well with Ippolita... and Giulla! ;)

Great chapter, and I'm eagerly looking forward to part 3!
Guest chapter 25 . 1/27
Enjoyed your story
BradytheJust chapter 9 . 9/18/2019
Wow, this chapter was a rollercoaster of emotions. I really liked the diplomacy and the threats of a very large 3-way war over Romagna. I have a feeling that Teresa will probably be thrust into war faster than she might think. Then just as she's dealing with all this emotion, her father passes away.

The scene where she 'came out' to her mother was really nice as well, and I'm happy that she hasn't been forced to marry any man. At least her mother understands her and supports her decision. Finally, Teresa was intimate with Ippolita. Even if it means cheating on a long-distance relationship, at least she seized the moment.

I'm really looking forward to what happens next! Great chapter as always! :D
BradytheJust chapter 8 . 7/29/2019
Another great chapter my friend! I really liked Teresa's girl problems, especially with Giulia being all seductive. I'm wondering if she will keep watching and waiting to seize her romantic chance with the Marchioness of Torino in later chapters. :)

Long-distance relationships are tough, and I'd imagine that they'd be tougher in a world without near-instant communication, especially if the letters take years to arrive and have a chance of not arriving at all. But I admire Teresa's willingness to do whatever Isabelle wanted. To salvage the relationship or let it go.

Finally, I did like Lucrezia's advice "You've come to me three times and the answer has been the same, you know what to do, but you doubt yourself."

Great chapter as always! I can't wait for more! :D
BradytheJust chapter 7 . 6/17/2019
Great chapter as always, and you meshed the historical background, character development, and description well together. So Teresa and Ippolita are getting closer, and I really loved the line: "Someone to act as a canvas... a weak impersonation of my true love." It really shows how deeply Teresa is thinking about all this. I also loved the banter between the handmaidens, and how you really took the time to introduce them and the guards. Most stories wouldn't touch them, but instead, you really went and made them feel like real characters. :) It went the extra mile!

Great job and I can't wait for more! We've had a first kiss and I'm excited to see what happens next.
8802gator chapter 25 . 6/6/2019
Amazing job fleshing out the characters. Cpuldnt wait to see how things turned put for them and i wasnt disappointed. Thoroughly enjoyed this story and looking forward to the next one.
BradytheJust chapter 6 . 5/26/2019
Awesome! It's sad to see the first love go, but having Teresa think so much about Isabelle makes me realize how much they loved one another. It'll be interesting to see her move on to Ippolita (very pretty name!) and I liked her as she got more flirty and open about how she feels. I can't wait to keep on reading my friend, so keep it up! :)
8802gator chapter 17 . 5/11/2019
Chapter 17 was the best yet. This is the first real opposition Teresa has faced. How she deals with it will define her.
BradytheJust chapter 5 . 5/9/2019
Aww... so sweet, so cute, and so wonderful. I'm glad Isabelle and Teresa got a great night together, although the balcony adventure made me jump a little bit! Several of the lines really made me smile, including "Taking my heart with her and leaving me with my tears through no fault of her own." Teresa's character development was really great through this arc, and I can't wait to read more!
BradytheJust chapter 4 . 4/30/2019
"I was searching for a halberd while I'm holding a pike." I really loved that quote, and I also enjoyed the throne room meeting with the herald. It really made me see everything from the ruler perspective. It's a little bittersweet, seeing Isabelle out with a declaration of love (even if she's coming back!) and it's a unique way to end a story arc.

I'm super excited to read more! Great job as always!
BradytheJust chapter 3 . 4/9/2019
Awww... I love how they are just climbing and running around the castle without a care in the world. Who doesn't love that? :) You really described the abandoned castle well and showed the playfulness and the freedom that both princesses got from their little adventure.

I also really liked Teresa's insights into the Renaissance and what it meant for her. It's an age of enlightenment and discovery, but still just as barbaric as the last. Great job making me think my friend!

I can't wait for more of your amazing work!
BradytheJust chapter 2 . 3/18/2019
Awww... I love how happy they are together, and while I see some potential problems for the couple, I have no doubt that they'll solve them together. :) I'm happy that you are mixing the historical lore into the story because while some might call them info dumps I personally like it.

The wording in the chapter was very well done and I can't wait to read more my friend! Great job!
BradytheJust chapter 1 . 3/13/2019
This was incredible! :D I LOVE EU4 (and any Paradox game) so your first paragraph already drew me into the story, and the history and descriptive storytelling did the rest. I loved how you melded the fictional history with that of the characters and their own struggles, which is exactly the reason why I like Paradox games... the history and the characters merge to create something even greater.

Now it seems that our two women will be having a more, personal alliance, in addition to the professional one. I can't wait to see what happens and if the pair survives unscathed! I love your writing and this story was a joy to read!
8802gator chapter 4 . 12/27/2018
Ch 3 and 4 were very enjoyable. Characters are really getting fleshed out and you are super talented when it comes to letting the reader get a visual in their mind. I can see every setting.
8802gator chapter 1 . 12/27/2018
Im finally relented and read chapter 1. Really enjoyed it.