Reviews for Little Things
thedaysthatneverend chapter 1 . 9/9/2018
I thought this was a sweet, well-written one-shot!

First of all, I liked that you split this story up into several acts that progress the plotline and indicate the passage of time. I enjoyed seeing the growth in Camelia's and Mason's friendship throughout each act and the ways in which they both come to understand that they can trust and depend on each other. Although you don't focus on character development for the friends (Bella, Tim, etc.), I liked how you still used the plotline to reveal their personalities. Tim, for one, I saw as being clearly mischievous, loud, and outgoing.

I also enjoyed the fact that you didn't go for the "usuals." For example, you didn't have Mason kiss Camelia in the spin-the-bottle game. Thank you for that! It's refreshing to see a slight twist in the story, as small as some might think it may be. And, you didn't have the two characters kiss at the very end. I think that the hug in the final scene powerfully captures how the two's love, care, and dependability for each other grew first and foremost out of true friendship.

While I felt that the ending was a bit abrupt (but this makes sense since I'm sure you wanted Camelia to be suprised by Mason's sudden declaration), this story was a great read overall :). I look forward to reading some of your other works and hope that you keep writing.
echogirlcapri chapter 1 . 9/9/2018
This is very sweet! I really enjoyed how they supported each other throughout the whole story—there are so many stories with love interests who are just absolutely awful, but Mason was a good guy right from the truth or dare game to the end (although it was awkward when he said it was her first kiss!). I also enjoyed the tension with Ryan and with Tim being kind of a brat the whole time XD

All in all a very nice depiction of friends falling in love! I thought it was really realistic. I recognized your penname and went back to your profile, and sure enough, I remembered reviewing stuff from way back when XD It's really funny when you're on this site for so long, haha.

Cheers,