Reviews for Thistle of the Revolution
human spark chapter 7 . 5/12/2019
Great scene of learning what is left and what is right. So crucial basics, nobody would think of nowadays, but then education was another issue, although I am sure that you'd find also today a respectable amount of people who cannot tell left from right correctly, the difference is that they are mostly not aware of their lack of capabilities.
human spark chapter 6 . 4/6/2019
Well shown group dynamics...
human spark chapter 5 . 4/4/2019
Glad you pointed out the role of women in the army. It will be interesting how this mixture of people will play out in the long run.

human spark chapter 4 . 3/31/2019
Ambiguity might hold destructive force if kept in dubiety too long...
...again well carved out all the mixed feelings!

human spark chapter 3 . 3/21/2019
You described really good the process of taking the decision. All the ambiguity and mixed feelings as they considered what might entail all this, all the possible repercussions to family and relationships.

I loved the sentence "It seemed the only people who disliked the English more than the Scots was the Irish."
Having been to Ireland, I concur - and it shows there on every stone and nearly every street name. They are not forgetting easily.

I additionally liked that you pointed out that Prince Charly's cause might not have been so honest personally, comparing, but for the Scottish people it was a totally different issue...

...and by the way, it's such a contemporary issue!
- As we see what's happening in France these days - people who just demonstrate for social justice are being threatened by their own army. Thus being made by a government that shows itself in a nearly royal manner. There are so many talking points in your story that sadly reminded me of France.

We'll see how it all will turn out - in this story as well as in real life in Europe.

Cheers,

human spark chapter 2 . 3/19/2019
Freedom is always worth fighting for!

human spark chapter 1 . 3/13/2019
A great beginning!

You depicted the circumstances of the way of living at that time period so lively, for example the bumps in the road for the carriage, the flighty young man who is eager to contribute something, no matter what, and you nailed the sentiment of the war veteran who survived Cullodden and his pain to pass on his lesson he learned from war to the younger generation who wouldn't hear to what the elder say. Which - in my opinion - still is an issue in our times.

Thank you for this well-written piece of fiction so far!