Reviews for The 6 Gifts - Book 1 - The One
Encore19 chapter 13 . 1/17
Sooo good and such a good twist. I wonder if we'll see more developments with the friends and them getting their powers. Thanksss for this
Encore19 chapter 12 . 1/17
That dream was definitely a vision instigated by Luke. These past few chapters especially have been awesome.
Encore19 chapter 11 . 1/17
So since immortality only entails invulnerability and strength (durability?) the only thing I could imagine that would enable Tyler to become another despot would be lifetimes of accumulated wealth and I guess the knowledge eventually urging him to become a leader of men. So it's not like he'd oppress all those people in their lifetimes, but yeah the mass hate could be jealousy and other reasons.
Encore19 chapter 10 . 1/17
Very cool chapter. And with Tyler the oldest of his friends, it'll be cool to see what powers they all get. Luke is defs crushing on Tyler, but he still has a lot of decency for someone who could basically do almost anything.
Encore19 chapter 9 . 1/17
I actually did guess that that was the reason why Jessica couldn't see anyone but another person could still be felt, so yay for me. I'm not sure where this story is heading, but Tyler needs to just accept he has to stick around with Luke like he's always had to. As Luke said from the start. I mean, I get why it's hard for Tyler as well though.
Encore19 chapter 8 . 1/17
I forgot to say it before but you said there were six colours of the rainbow instead of seven. Curious that they can't see the usual spectrum? I wonder what it means. Like if for invisibility people controlled light wavelengths and could see ultraviolet and infared, well that would make that power so much cooler and sciency to me. And if speedsters could make their personal time stretch and squeeze instead of just linear direction speed... Just me daydreaming here.
Encore19 chapter 7 . 1/17
I love Padraig's flirting it's pretty funny. And this action sequence is exciting, giving me lots of ideas. Mostly cause I like science and am thinking up sciency versions of powers.
Encore19 chapter 6 . 1/17
I am a Padraig fan and sympathize with him. Good Guy Tyler is very loyal to his girlfriend but let's hope that instead of a billion years it only takes him a few more chapters to jump in Luke's bed. Okay sue me. But aside from my ships am enjoying this storywise
Encore19 chapter 5 . 1/17
Very cool concept, know I've already said it but yeah. Blanking on comments and just reading through
Encore19 chapter 4 . 1/17
Aliens are a thing. This is probably set far in the future or past cause like, the closest star to Earth now is about 4 lightyears away, but stars do move.
Encore19 chapter 3 . 1/17
I ship them. This is real good so far my dude.
Encore19 chapter 2 . 1/17
It was immortality but less lame cause it sounds like he also has super-strength? This idea of yours has me hyped and the short chapters are easy to get through. Am digging the concept. Never being harmed again and living forever. You know... being buried alive for all time would be a fate worse than death for sure, but we'll see what happens to our Tyler.
Encore19 chapter 1 . 1/17
Really cool idea! Though it sounds like Tyler is gonna get immortality which is kinda lame. Hopefully he gets telekinesis. I wonder about this Luke fellow, who is also an immortal yet his name sounds so everyday.
Weeinterpreter chapter 10 . 9/3/2021
It's really good to see Tyler being more proactive in these chapters, saving his girlfriend. I like that we have a bigger risk and danger to anyone who knows and likes Tyler of getting hurt.
There was a lot of insights into Tyler's and Jessica's inner thoughts, and there was a lot of pathos (perhaps a little bit too much for me). I do like the added conflict, though, between Luke and Tyler, and I am looking forward to how they will resolve this. Obviously, Luke is the more powerful, but I wonder if he's just accept the extra roommate or if he'll do something... rash.
Weeinterpreter chapter 8 . 9/3/2021
I'm glad to see that the story is picking up speed. It took a while for something to happen or rather for Tyler to do something. So far, there was a lot of things happening TO him, and him just passively reacting.
We get a lot of insights into his psyche, and understand that he doesn't want this life or this reality. His life is no longer his own, and he is more or less the plaything of Luke, I feel, someone who shouldn't be trusted.