Reviews for Anime Storm
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 2 . 1/10/2019
A very short chapter here but I imagine they won't all be like so. I'm not fretting yet.

Obviously, Mason (or should I say Madison) has the objective now to get through this anime: Play music to join a band or a label. Sounds easy enough, right? He has the hardest skill of knowing an actual instrument down - he plays the guitar. He just needs to get out there and work on the second part.

But, there is a complication. He's going to have to deal with being a girl. Something he took relatively easily at first - I did half think that would have been a wonderful moment to pull into something a little more comedic but alas, something to review later on maybe? But it's not strictly going to be a walk in the park during a slice of life anime. It will be interesting to see how he gets along.

Until next time,
Zukafu
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 1 . 1/9/2019
Honestly, I was sold after: 'an anime version of Quantum leap.' I had to take a look following that. Simple really. There is a large scope of potential ideas to explore as anime is such a broad form of entertainment. Genres, narratives even down to individual art styles. You could have some fun with something like that. Plus, Quantum Leap used the medium to explore lots of varying ideas and perspectives - some very tough ones including Lee Harvey Oswald episodes - nothing would stop you from doing exactly the same. So yes, in short, I'm very eager to see this.

Mason's character gets established as your standard weeb. I'm sure with some time during his adventures (or misadventures), he'll come out more but I did think we might know him some more before the real leaping began. I am hoping to see more about his character outside of his passion - his morals, his emotional reactions, his personality, his faults. All that sort of thing. I'd like to see him use his own anime-like story as a form of self-discovery where he learns to grow as a person.

Well Mason, whether you are ready or not, the journey has begun. Better strap in. With the first stop being in a slice of life, it could get a bit bumpy!
~ Zukafu
Shang chapter 2 . 12/18/2018
Indeed these are rather short; it kinda feels like you're rushing this unnecessarily.
For example I feel like Mason should've freaked out more about becoming a girl (an anime girl at that) and this could've been a more comedic scene, if that is the genre you'd be exploiting (so far we know only of "isekai" and "adventure", but a dash of humor rarely hurts to be added ;)).

The premise is intriguing and this tale implies putting a new spin on isekai idea, so you got my attention. Good luck with future entires.
Shang chapter 1 . 12/17/2018
Hmm... you picked my interest with the "Quantum Leap" reference (it is the "ooooh boy" Quantum Leap, right? :D), even though I'm not much of an anime fan (I was always more into manga) and got curious as the premise also reminds me of a story I'm currently considering (there are pretty big differences as far as I can tell, so no worries).

Right now my first thought is that the chapter is a bit short; dependable on what kind of narration you're going for (more humor or drama) I think it might've been better to not rush the "iseka" portion of the plot - we barely get to know Mason bofore he gets whisked away; doesn't help with suspense as we don't have as much reason to care about him yet and I think more interaction with his father could bring more emotions as the story progress (like showing his dad might not have been all bad... being homesick etc.).

Still the premise is intriguing and as long as I would've landed as the protagonist of a harem story, sign me up for the transfer. I wouldn't need to leap anywhere else afterward :D

I'll be back to catch-up later. Intriguing start thus far.
Kurono Kuro chapter 2 . 12/8/2018
Oh boy, it is short. Uh...now he is going to go in Slice of Life/Music Anime as a girl. This is a pretty nice twist but really, the chapters are really short that I am frustrated?

But well, I wonder how will this progress.
Kurono Kuro chapter 1 . 12/7/2018
Good start! I like the concept of your story. Traveling from world to world, more at that, ANIME WORLD! It seems that your desire (which is quite the same as mine) gave birth to this series isn't it?

An opinion of mine: the wish feels weird. I think that it kinda lack more detail why he arrived at his wish. I think more thoughts about his family, or more event that happened to his argument with the father will solve this problem.
J.Kuzzey chapter 1 . 12/4/2018
As an anime fan myself, I'm excited to see what kind of tropes and such you bring into this. Should be a lot of fun. Fifty dollars definitely is not enough for all he had, and even then some things are out of print and priceless so I would be mad, too! I'll be back for more.