Reviews for Of Man and Gods - Alliance and Empire
Dawn Darkness chapter 1 . 12/21/2020
Interesting concept. I'll be reading this book as I want to learn the genre and its themes.

As for this chapter, it was good and well-described. I liked how you described how the main character had his perspective on things from space.

I have nothing else to say, honestly. It was well-written for an introduction to the story. I'll be following you to see if you have other books planned after this one.

I'll be off then. Happy writing (even if it's late for this book).
Felix Retif chapter 18 . 7/7/2020
I really enjoy your world building, and appreciate the detail and the thought that's gone into it, but I keep waiting for the story to start and it doesn't. Tolkien earned The Silmarillion, but very few writers ever have. I almost gave up on Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn Trilogy because he spent a hundred pages world-building without introducing any characters.

There's definitely a lot of serious quality in what you're doing here, but if you want me and other readers to stay with it, there needs to be something more personally engaging.
HornetFreak chapter 1 . 3/18/2020
An interesting idea so far. One thing I will say is that this seems very info-dumpy. You're cramming an entire planet and civilization into one chapter - something that could have been done over the course of the story.

Now, that's not to say I'm not interested. I look forward to reading what's next.
Andrew Hallgarth chapter 22 . 3/27/2019
I don't think I've ever read a story quite like this before, spanning so long. Still unsure about the format. There felt like there was a bit of a separation between me the reader and what was happening due to the way it was told as a sequence of events. Though I can't see how the story could be told any other way and was still enjoyable.

'Tis a shame how things came to pass at the end there, though and do wonder how things will develop in book 2. I have some ideas of where an element of the story will go, but thus far I have been somewhat surprised by some of the directions it took.
Andrew Hallgarth chapter 1 . 1/5/2019
A nice start with a nice focus on worldbuilding as we get to know a little about the one telling the story and where they are from. There are also some interesting concepts about (some) his people's abilities, though seemingly dialled back to a more realistic degree.
Will be interesting to see how it develops.