Reviews for My Fiction Pet Peeves
El Droide chapter 1 . 8/4/2019
Oooh, I love me some pet peeves! I totally agree with you on the historical inaccuracies. Like seriously guys, LEARN. YOUR. HISTORY! This is why I'm more like to read a classic novel than a historical novel that takes place in the same era. Same goes with TV shows (looking at you, "Little House on the Prairie"). And don't get me started on dialogue! I can (sorta) live with not starting another paragraph, but removing quotation marks and putting a colon (or even worse, a comma)?! Who taught you to write, peasant?! That being said, I do like long paragraphs and rabbit trails. :/
1902 Gus chapter 1 . 3/3/2019
What do you consider historical inaccuracies? Suppose someone was writing an alternate history where Mexico attempted to invade Cuba in 1901. Would it be inaccurate if the Mexican Amphibious force used motorboats to ferry troops from the Troop Transports to the shore?

How about a Kriegsmarine aerial reconnaissance flight helping save the Bismarck while using a fictional variant of a real airplane?

And I think the problem with people being PC isn't that they haven't reasoned with the horrible past, but that OTHER people haven't will throw a fit when they see 'nigger' in a story. People are real touchy these days.
Sir Scott chapter 1 . 3/3/2019
This actually pretty good advice. I have read, especially fantasy stories, where there is more character than there is anything else.
~Sir Scott