Reviews for Of Twins and Tropics
amgoosehjonk chapter 3 . 4/8
First thing I'll say: I love the setting. Haven't really seen it before, which is surprising, because it's kind of obvious, but it was a pleasant departure from the usual island setting.
If I had to complain, and maybe it's since I'm not too far yet, the characters don't really seem to have definite personalities yet and definitely don't really have too much separation. the descriptions seem kind of canned as well, something to keep in mind.
sorry for the length of the review. I have no idea how to review, but hopefully there's some degree of feedback in here.
Aspiemor chapter 3 . 3/19
Another great chapter! I liked the sea lion bit and I see a bit of a love triangle going on. Time will tell which sibling will win in this.
Aspiemor chapter 2 . 3/5
Another good chapter. I liked how the island was built on the remnants of other wreckages. I love societies like that. I'll keep reading more.
Aspiemor chapter 1 . 3/4
This was a pretty good read so far. I felt the dialogue and relationship between the characters really conveyed they were a family. Everything was also well described. The only thing I would say is I felt there should have been a bit more panic. I mean the characters just survived a plane crash. I would imagine they would be a bit more shaken up. But I would have to read later chapters to see more of their situation.
Crimson Arrow chapter 6 . 3/2
The first chapter started with an uninteresting exchange, but when the twins entered the picture the ball really got rolling. I love both Justine and Junior's attitude and the rapport they have with each other; they're charming and cool leads. Also, yay for lesbian sister! Them fighting over Mandy was hilarious and it was even funnier when the tables turned in chapter 5 - who knew Mandy was so randy?

The island setting is interesting and I love the image of everything being made out of planes and shipwrecks. It's strange the castaways haven't managed to escape the island and stranger still no one has found them - wouldn't the alarm be raised when their plane never reached its destination?

Until chapter 7, I was worried since the story seemed safe and conflict-free so far, but the arrival of jerk-twins should rectify that (horrible to say, I know). I see some political jokes here and there which brings a smile to my lips and I think you should go all out with the satire. With this crazy island set up, the more crazy the better I say.
Whirlymerle chapter 3 . 1/20
Hello from the Roadhouse!

I really like the image of Junior’s pile of electronics with dead batteries. I have a lot of questions for the pervy guy who’s serving drinks haha. Like, who is he? Where did he come from? The priming of Junior’s video games made me feel like pervy guy is an NPC character or something.

I thought the island tour scenes were fun and informative. I chuckled at the detail about how every currency is traded on a one to one ratio. I can see how that would be the easiest, though that makes people holding certain yen millionaires. I also found the twins’ banter, and how they were fighting over Mandy, super cute.

The tone of the piece is surprisingly light and peppy given that the plane crash/shipwrecks these people have gone through must have been super traumatic. I’m definitely curious as to whether things stay sunny or if it takes a turn for the sinister.
Whirlymerle chapter 2 . 11/21/2019
Hi there! This is a Roadhouse review. Just wanted to let you know that your first chapter seems to be displaying the html code in addition to the text. Sometimes the document manager is screwy like that - but you can just reupload it.

I’m interested in the premise. You’ve definitely set up well the intrigue surrounding how different people from different backgrounds all end up on this island. I’m curious why they can’t leave, so I would want to read on for that.

I’m a bit confused by the voice of the narration. For instance, when you say Mandy didn’t have an ounce of fat on her, except for a double chin and spare tires, was that supposed to be sarcastic?

Another thought is that Simmons is a pretty common last name. How do they know immediately that his dad was running for the president.

I think it’s funny how both twins seem to be attracted to Mandy. I’m definitely excited to see how that plays out!

Lastly! Woo! I love a diverse cast of characters! Thanks for the read!
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 7 . 6/21/2019
["Do any of these teams have a shot at winning this random trophy that some random athlete happened to pack with them?" Jones continued, holding up a bronze trophy that appeared to be for a chess tournament.]

Lol
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 4 . 5/31/2019
Ugh, rich people. :/

Wouldn't it have made headlines that a plane disappeared?