Reviews for A Most Unnecessary War
Iona Albuquerque chapter 1 . 6/3/2019
It's a nice one-shot.

There's definitely potential here for something bigger, a revenge arc with the chieftain's son, a rivalry between the room generals, and an exploration of the moon people - that could tie into how Rome would syncretize different pagan deities, there's plenty of Roman moon goddesses - as well as lunacy. Anyway, it's a cool story and I hope you try something like this again sometime, I'd love to have something a bit longer to read. :)
Jaya Avendel chapter 1 . 5/26/2019
The feelings of the people on both sides of the conflict were vibrant. I love the Chieftain's son sudden outburst and how the Chief had to weigh his options. His final decision shows just how deceptive man can be.

The battle between the General's Cryous and Turas was painful but beautifully done. I loved Turas's last stand as he stood like a Roman until the end. Cryous's last encounter with Juvios goes to show there is always someone lingering back with thoughts of death in their minds.

The old warrior's lone thoughts at the end go to show his grief at the fall of Rome. Lust for power has been the fall of many a good nation. I love how this story showed the lives of the people caught up in civil war.

May the words flow!
That-One-Weird-Person chapter 1 . 5/26/2019
Not really my type of thing but great writing, as usual, and interesting idea.