Reviews for Somewhere Else (NEW)
rae chapter 25 . 10/20
I've been following your story for a couple months now. Its so good! I've been waiting for this chapter- the chapter where they eventually get back together. I like that it is realistic, you show both Emi and Askel's hesitation but also longing for each other. I'll be sad when this story ends! Keep up the amazing work!
Guest chapter 25 . 10/16
Omg YES FINALLY! I have been waiting for this moment between the two of them!
Excited to see what’s next, been following this story for the longest time and so happy you’ve stuck with it and are continuing to write their story :)
Et28 chapter 24 . 10/6
I'm still here, still interested and enjoying after all this time:) keep it up and thank you
Fangalitious chapter 24 . 9/18
Yes! There is so much demonstrated character growth in this chapter, and it just leaves me happy and beaming. I'm excited to see how Aksel and Emi's dinner goes! And no worries - the movement is coming. :)
Anon-y-maus chapter 23 . 8/1
Oh my god! What a cute chapter! An update from you is honestly so uplifting, esp during the pandemic! And the last scene :') i love how they're so unsure and tentative around each other still, but they're opening up gradually. Cant wait for the next update xoxo
Fangalitious chapter 23 . 7/31
Huzzah! It's wonderful to get some forward momentum with these two. I feel like they've been stalled out for so long that I was starting to wonder if they'd ever get moving. Loved this chapter, and I'm excited to see where the next one goes!
Anon-y-maus chapter 22 . 7/13
What a brilliant chapter, as usual! I think what sets this story apart from the rest here is that you incorporate your own lived experiences, and they make the story a lot more relatable. Your story is far more wonderful than most here, Im so happy you decided to share this with us!
ellaistria chapter 22 . 7/8
I'm sorry I never write a review, but I just wanted to let you know that this is my favourite story on this site (and I've read sooo many). But there's just something about Emi and Aksel's story that is so realistic and true. I feel like I know these characters based on your writing and I can sympathise with them. I want them to get back together so bad, but I also want them to bridge the gap in a healthy way. And I feel like they both have grown so much throughout this story, especially Emi. I'm so happy she has found her friends and her purpose in Helsinki.
Anyhow, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for uploading :) I'm about to finally graduate from college and I've been so stressed lately (can't believe I'll graduate at home without my friends), but every time I get an email from Fictionpress saying you've uploaded a new chapter it just makes my day.
Guest chapter 16 . 7/7
Would he have left her alone if she went back to Germany ? I wanna see if they would work out or even contact each other if she left.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/2
Still loving after all this time - thank you!
Marjulie chapter 16 . 6/30
i like you, Emi and Aksel, but I have to say that when you say or believe things like "I didn't mean them", you're choosing to deny your problems. In the heat of things, the words you choose and the actions you take are real and true. That being said, I do recognize that Emi felt boxed mentally and physically by Aksel, and the only thing she could lash out and say the thoughts that she's been biting back. Are her feelings true? Yes, but it didn't come from a place of hate, it came from a place of agony.
Fangalitious chapter 22 . 6/27
I'm so glad that Aksel and Emilie are finally talking about what happened between them. Hopefully, this is their real chance to process and move forward with the knowledge. I can't wait for Aksel to read the essay! So many good things to come! Update soon!
Guest chapter 21 . 6/13
Please keep updating this story! Can’t wait to read what happens next!
Kavi chapter 1 . 6/13
Hi, I just wanted to say that I have been checking for updates to this story since around 2013 and the last time I checked was some time last year. Right now, I'm working late and I thought I'd just look at fiction press to see if there were any new stories I could read and I stumbled upon this revamped sequel. I don't have the words to tell you how happy I am to see this. You've made my whole month! A friend of mine from high school also loves this story immensely, and I'm so ridiculously excited to break the news of this new sequel to her! I seriously am speechless. If you're okay with it, may I DM you on twitter? I'm so, so happy! Thank you thank you!
Pseudonym59 chapter 21 . 6/1
I really love how mature you are in your characterizations of Aksel and Emi. Neither of them are perfect, and they both have work to do before they can be together again.

I also really like how Emi is slowly realizing her flaws and seeing that she can hurt people just as they've hurt her. Her growth is really realistic - sometimes she slips back, but generally she moves forward.

Amazing story!