Reviews for Somewhere Else (NEW)
anon chapter 15 . 11/5/2019
Well, you know what they say, when you can't think of how to start a conversation, talk about the weather! Askel is so transparent haha

I loved it when Emi said: "You threw me out of your life. That's not what people do if they want to stay friends." She's right, and I also think that regardless of what good intentions Askel has, he can't just...sort of gloss over what happened and go: "Let's be roommates and good friends :D"

Oh, and super super belated birthday wishes!
anon chapter 14 . 11/5/2019
I believe in the last chapter's review (which was more than a month ago aaaaah) I mentioned how Priscilla could sort of call out Emi when she was being insensitive about Finnish culture and how Emi could respond to that more positively than if Askel had said it because I guess Priscilla is has a sort of outsider, non-biased view? So I think the same thing applies here: when Askel gave Emi that excuse/explanation about Aliisa then Priscilla could also call Askel out so that Emi doesn't feel like, oh okay maybe my feelings are unreasonable because I don't really have anyone else's perspective on this. I actually feel that Emi and Askel being so close quarters with one another *constantly* when they were so stressed provoked some sort of psuedo-cabin fever situation.

I also can't even imagine what Askel's reaction must have been when he got "I'll pick them up on Saturday". Haha, for some reason I could just imagine him being like ? which is essentially his reaction in person. His "why did we break up, then?" made me feel so ack. (Eloquent, I'm aware.) Oh! And I also loved the immigration part. Emi's statement was obviously said just to irritate him and get him out of the way, and I love how it worked and then he clearly mulled on it and then came back just to go, oh wait a second that doesn't make sense. Ok, I know I just summarised what you wrote, but it was hilarious.

And the part where Emi was honest in the end, about how she felt useless and bad...Seeing him react with a "I can understand that" makes me yearn for a version of this story where they'd handled the entire situation in that sort of way...although then we'd end up with no story, so nevermind :P
dress chapter 16 . 10/13/2019
Aww this chapter had me feeling all the feels again, it’s so nice to see Emi and Aksel being more honest and communicative with each other!
ellaistria chapter 16 . 10/11/2019
Yes! They are friends now! That makes me so happy (insert dance emoji and a hundred smiling faces here). I've been waiting for this chapter to keep me going through the endless month of exams and now I've got what I needed to keep studying and hopefully graduate. This chapter is perfection. To be honest, at first I was a bit reluctant. I didn't want Emi to be friends again with Aksel but it makes perfect sense. All great relationships are based on friendship. And if they ever come back together (insert fingers crossed emoji here) they'll have a solid foundation born out of friendship and mutual respect.
I'm truly so happy with the direction this story has taken. I'd like to thank you for deciding to repost once again.
I hope you enjoy your trip to Hamburg and have a great time with the Finn that inspired this amazing story. Have fun! :)
imayawrites chapter 16 . 10/11/2019
I jumped when I saw this new chapter. :D

And I'm so happy Aksel and Emilie are talking. Love it. :)
Jasmine chapter 15 . 10/10/2019
I’m a lurker here on FP... because my old account (via Google) is inaccessible :-/ political reasons. But early on this year I’ve stumbled on some of your earlier one-shots and I LOVED them. Imagine how excited I am when I saw you were continuing this story... and it was happening NOW. You have such talent for writing and for two months now the first thing I do every Friday after work is to open my bookmarks and check if there’s a new chapter. This is my TGIF. This story is literally getting me through every week of work. I just wanted you to know that someone on the web loves you and your stories!

(Also... I was born in UK, grew up in Singapore and lives in China now, and I can totally relate to Emi. For the first 20 years of my life I’ve always felt I don’t belong. Hope she and Aksel make up :-/
Marjulie chapter 15 . 10/8/2019
I don't know how Emi and Aksel will fix 'this', but they have unfinished business. Underneath all the resentment and anger, there are feelings that's being unsaid.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/4/2019
I really missed today's chapter. I'm used to you posting every friday so not having a chapter today was weird af.
Marjulie chapter 14 . 10/2/2019
I just realized that Emi and Aksel both have boundary issues that I think may stem from their inability to be honest. Aksel can't separate himself from his friends and Emi is, no offence, sort of a push over.
Marjulie chapter 13 . 9/30/2019
Ouch Emi, that scene with Lumi was painful to watch. I know she's not your friend per se, but she's also not your enemy. That was needless thing to do.
Marjulie chapter 12 . 9/26/2019
I'm so glad Emi has found a place where she feels she can belong. Being in love is amazing, but having your own set of friends give you space where you don't need to feel pressured to change or compromise.
Marjulie chapter 11 . 9/25/2019
I love that heart to heart between Tatiana and Emi. And Tatiana is right, Aksel and Emi's relationship, at this point was unhealthy. Yeah Aksel was there to support her, but he was all sunshine and rainbow while Emi had this raging storm inside her. On Emi's part, she had no one to vent to. She had Gabi and Tess, but they're countries away and if things went sour between Aksel and Emi – Aksel would have his friends while Emi would just have herself. That's hard. It's really to have your guard at all times.
Marjulie chapter 10 . 9/24/2019
Can I just take a moment to be thankful for Tessa and Gabi being awesome people. I wish I had someone like them in my life. They are such gems!

As for Aksel, I'm sorry Emi, but it's time to let go. If he can't even muster to have a phone conversation, then it's truly over.
Marjulie chapter 9 . 9/23/2019
Some people are just so narcissistic and can't help themselves. I hope that the plagiarism thing has been sorted out and the person who did it gets the punishment she deserves.

As much as I want Aksel and Emi together, I would absolutely hate to have to walk around egg shells in a place that's supposed to be home. I'm not saying that Emi shouldn't for them, but if it's just you... Is that even worth salvaging?

Anyway, happy birthday!
Bookworm chapter 14 . 9/21/2019
Ah , they grow up so fast...but seriously. I'm so happy with the new attitude Emi has. I understand how it been, but it's so nice her being proactive. Excited to see more of Aksel and how Emi and Aksel continue to grow as individuals.
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »