Reviews for Somewhere Else (NEW)
imayawrites chapter 2 . 6/24/2019
*le me sipping a mix of beer and black coffee*

EVEN BETTER THAN I REMEMBER!
Marjulie chapter 1 . 6/23/2019
First off, it's great to hear that you're starting to retake your life and passions from depression. It's every simple thing to say but very hard to accomplish.

With the faster pace of this new version, I can't help but think that Aksel and Emilie's relationship will deteriorate faster. I know how hard Emilie tried in the previous version, but I felt that she was overwhelmed with not only culture shock but also with identity issues that were exasperated with her situation. I guess that's why I both empathize and anxiously hope for that moment of self acceptance.
Lena chapter 1 . 6/18/2019
I'm glad you've decided to start reposting. I started reading this and your other stories so many years ago, and in that time, I have been in my own version of despite everything, love may not be enough.

As an expat child, I understand that feeling of not quite belonging. It's a beautiful story - one of the more realer one here - one that looks at adult relationships a bit more closely. I hope you continue to post and that the tough times pass. All my love.
dress chapter 1 . 6/17/2019
I have to say, I’m SO glad you’re posting this story again. I follow you on twitter so when I heard that you were no longer updating, I felt so gutted because I absolutely LOVE this and Something Better.

I probably first read Something Better just after it came out, so I’ve been following this saga for quite some time. Since then, I’ve been on exchange myself, and even though I never found my own Aksel, I met so many wonderful people and I think it’s impacted me just as much as it impacted Emilie (whom I utterly adore, by the way). I think your story really resonated with me because both my parents were immigrants too, and even though I’m not necessarily as conscious as Emilie of not belonging, a lot of the time, it feels a bit like that anyway. Reading a story like this really helps me feel calmer about it, in a way. So thank you for that. And I’m so excited to be following this story again
imayawrites chapter 1 . 6/17/2019
Heylo!

bookwormdrama from Twitter here. I'm so so so happy to read this, as you know. I've read this twice and will probably read it again. AAAAAARRGGGHHH! I can't even tell you how ecstatic I am that you agreed to push ahead with this story. I love you for that and THANK YOU! :) :)

Once again, YAYYY for llama. 3 3
Jo chapter 1 . 6/16/2019
Hello, I'm ecstatic that you decided to finish this story because I read Something better when you first posted it and then proceeded to Somewhere else. All this time I've kept a check on the updates. Really looking forward on how this story will progress and since it's under Young Adult now, i guess it will have more angst than ever. But I'm just glad to read your works again.
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8