Reviews for Picking Up The Blade
Sage the Writer chapter 1 . 6/3
I enjoyed this story very interesting
Jaya Avendel chapter 1 . 7/29/2019
I love the way you opened the story. The writing was powerful and the images the words conjured vivid.

Seeing the men scramble for the meager gold left in the fields of dead was chilling but I suppose the ghouls do at least help to keep the world clean. :).

I love Igor's story. He went from a simple and dishonest no body to a man with the sword of a hero and a choice in his hands. I am glad he made the right one!
Ckh chapter 1 . 7/26/2019
"They were scum, carrion, and worse than the vultures that preyed overhead..." Before I continue reading, I need to stress that I'm immediately hooked by your opening. Grimdark settings appeal to me, and already I can form a vivid image of the landscape the story is set in. That's all of my fangirling for now. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Now for a 15 minute intermission

Wow, this story was great. The writing continues to be fluid throughout, bar a few typos. We don't really know much about the setting of the world or the characters. All that is here is a large action setpiece in a wartorn world, and you can bet that the premise was executed goddamn well. Witcher 3 sounds like a fun game. Too bad I don't have the shuckles/commitment level to buy it.

Typo list:
"While robbing...but it was the only way they'll survive." - You don't need the 'while' here, you already have 'but'.
"The blade shown is in the sun..." shown should be 'shone'
Zukafu Chiriamoto chapter 1 . 7/23/2019
First and foremost, good to see you back with pleasant news as well. Secondly, I’ll be making this one quick because I’m sympathising too much with the corpses eaters and wanting my lunch in my belly...

I enjoyed the tale. I’ll be keeping an eye out just in case Igor does ever return as a hero or if he finds another worthy of holding the hero’s blade. It only fills like the beginning of an epoch! The descriptions was gripping, the room around me melted away, only leaving the battlefield behind. And what can I say about Finel? He was a dastard that got his comeuppance really.

All in all, nice story.