Reviews for Scarecrow
Fall Storm chapter 1 . 9/26/2019
Don't know why, but when I read this I just couldn't help but picture the scarecrow from Supernatural, huh! Am I the only one? Yeah, thought so.

I like your work, and this one specifically, I like the different themes and that it started out with seeming innocent, but it soon become something dark and right down creepy. For some reason when I read this I pictured it was always dark, don't know why, don't ask how my mind works, I don't even know most of the time. But this has to be one of my favorites, so much so, I've read it again and again. But I believe the scarecrow is a metaphor, the way I see it, is that someone is in love with someone else that don't return their feelings, but that's me, that's just the way I see it.
sleepy-julia chapter 1 . 9/1/2019
Wow! I love the flow of the poem and the choice of words that spark both sadness and curiosity. Keep writing :)
Synthey chapter 1 . 8/26/2019
I absolutely LOVED this! it was already intriguing because of how creative the theme was and the sinister vibes it gave off even BEFORE reading the poem, the line "scarecrow, scarecrow, why are you leaning to my side?" is when it started shifting into a more horror like piece to me, I also want to mention how smooth your rhymes are, kudos!
She Who Loves Pineapples II chapter 1 . 8/15/2019
Other: is that "06-06" in the opening line intentional? I thought maybe it was supposed to be some kind of visual poetry thing to look like the scarecrow's eyes, but since it was the only instance of that it now looks like a mistake. If it's intentional maybe... IDK, use some other numbers like that?

Tone: You start with an almost childlike, not unpleasant tone. Then as the poem goes on it gradually gets melancholy, then by the end, it's downright horror-movie stuff. I like how gradual it was, it was like you are slowly revealing the evil and by the time you realize, it's too late.

Rhyme: The rhymes here are simple but very effective. It's reminiscent of those books "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" and makes the poem feel childlike, which makes it such a great twist when it turns out there's something more sinister to the poem.

Descriptions/images: I loved the lines about the scarecrow looking at the sea. That kind of imagery made me start to wonder, was the poem really about a scarecrow, or about a person in the narrator's life who feels trapped. Comparing a promise to "grime" was also a great metaphor.