Reviews for Refuge
Random Hero Fan chapter 5 . 6/10
[She was asking questions with her violence.] Whoa. Profound. Love it.

In all seriousness, those aug-suits are so kickass! X3 It's fun that even with them, a vampire is still a threat. It's all very Marvel-level epic and exciting.

I noticed a hanging sentence - maybe an unfinished thought? [Lower still he breathed,] Also, [There's no access to on here on the bridge] ~ just a missing "e."

LEE IS AWESOME, towing Jacob like that! Woo! Also, I can see that she's going to be a problem, and I'm sad about it, because she's rough and tumble and I like her. I actually enjoyed the second half, with all the slower details . . . this is stuff we need to know to anchor us - otherwise it would all just be action without reason. That's my opinion, anyway! :3

~ Anne
Random Hero Fan chapter 4 . 6/10
LOL, I don't know that "Boats" is a good name for a character in a scene full of lifeboats in a boat heading for a boat (ship). ;3 Just kidding! It made me laugh. I needed that bit of light in all this horrory-stuff.

[His entire body nettled] - this is another one of those odd verbs. "Nettle" needs an object: I nettled you until you posted another update. It's something that's done (to nettle: to irritate or beat), not something that happens. Also, [Turning the cadaver's back and forth] ~ the cadaver's what? :3 Last one! [He heard Lee wretch] - Wretch is a noun, retch is the verb you want. *fwip*

OMG, the arm. Marion! Put that down! X3

Yeah, I think you got the horror-movie aspect down pat. It's gross and tense and definitely delivers. *shiver* I really like how vampirism in this universe can be synonymous with "zombiepocalypse." Gonna read another because this is getting good!

Random Hero Fan chapter 3 . 6/7
Wow, girl, this was tense! I mean, I like how the narrative mirrored how Jacob sees the CDC and their M.O. It started out slow and kinda, yeah, I'm hungry, yeah, I gotta sleep, nothing but waiting . . . and then BAM! Dead people in the mess. That is crazy. I wonder what Taryn and everyone saw?

Random Hero Fan chapter 2 . 5/27
Oooo, I love the descriptions in the first few paragraphs! I can tell you've done that same kind of "steaming." ;3 Very pretty images, imo, if a bit lonely or creepy. I like the evolving of hurricane categories and how they're dealt with, too. Also, the detail on Lee's hearing - so organic!

Dun dun duuuunnnn! So ominous ending! :3 I love it! This is getting exciting!

Random Hero Fan chapter 1 . 5/19
Jacob has certainly changed, hasn't he? Hardened veteran indeed. I'm kinda glad he still cares what does or doesn't happen to Brenda. I liked Lee, too, even though I wouldn't in person. Great characterization there!

I wonder where this will go next!