Reviews for The Curse of Grief
Tifanny91 chapter 6 . 6/20/2020
Oh gosh I just thought of something! This demon reminds me of the creature Sorcha befriended and saved when she was nine. It had glowing blue eyes and a pair of horns. What are the chances?
Tifanny91 chapter 5 . 6/20/2020
Ugh! **Facepalms** I'm feeling more and more angry with Kem. The boy doesn't deserve my sympathy anymore. What a pathetic loser! Cowardly and gullible! Even Nicholas has more decency, although I doubt he's going after the beast out of chivalry. And Kem's parents are detestable as hell. Gaaahhhh I despise them! And what's up with this damned Menaheim? Why did he order his men to shoot Sorcha? Was that a test or trick or something? Just when I was beginning to like him! I should have known better. If only Kem had heard him! Grrr!
REGRETABLE chapter 10 . 4/25/2020
What a great story!

Looking forward to your next update!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/16/2020
I can’t wait to see how all these character arcs play out against one another!
ShayGar chapter 2 . 1/12/2020
Me and Peter are finally back for chapter 2!

Here's some grammatical errors to fix first, just to get that out of the way. Apostrophes are used to highlight words or punctuation that we believe needs fixing. Some of the lines we fixed for you, some of them are left for your fixing. XD

-His brown trousers were kept together with discolored patches *and* thick stitches.

-Though dread still sat in the pit of her stomach*,* she felt somewhat lighter now.

-*How could* a noble appreciate their wealth or empathize with their fellow man if they never worked for it*?*

Her father was almost upon them *with* as he carried a hefty sack in one hand.

Typically, when Sorcha and her father arrived home in the start of autumn, just when the air started to nip *at* noses with its cold winds, the entire building would be filled with the heavy aroma of stew.

"Well, if he doesn't show up when I finish *mine*, I'll just *finish* his," she nodded at the lone pint.

"I mean, thieves got them. They've been hitting supply caravans hard *these* past couple of months."

Sorcha *couldn't* stop herself from rolling her eyes. "Not you too. You really believe in that crap?"

"Well, our parents just want us to get tied down at this point, right?" He slipped into the seat next to *year*.

I was writing an overall review, but I was having a hard time getting it from my head to text... So I'll just drop by soon an explain it to you in person. XD
D chapter 1 . 1/1/2020
I love the way your write. It's vivid and descriptive, let's my imagination run wild.

Enjoying the read so far.
ShayGar chapter 1 . 10/24/2019
I'M FINALLY HERE! XD (and with Peter!)

I haven't read many prologues, but out of the ones I have read, this was fun! It was light and easy to read. Sorcha is a very believable kid. She reminds me of the deer that gets taken out of the pool water only to run back in it. XD

Now for some edits and critiques~
Personally, the word Viatoribem is really hard for me to read/say, lol. Also on that note, Peter thinks that you should describe that the Viatoribem are a group of people right away, which I kind of agree with... When I first read the word, it sounded more like a place or thing rather than a group.

This line "This infuriated Besnik's wife, though the man himself found it to be endearing," was a bit confusing because of the use of third person. It might sound better if it was just "he himself."

"The boy even had a tail that he used to wrap around one of legs." That he used to wrap around one of /his/ legs.

Finally, this sentence "Had anyone known there was a child inside, they would have demanded his release," is kind of ironic because he's saying that anyone in the caravan would defend the child, but then the next minute he's telling him he has to leave for his safety. I know why Besnik is sympathetic to him and telling him to leave, but having him think that means he believes the people would act, but in this case it's not true because he still sends the boy away. (If that makes sense? _ I could probably explain it better in person, lol.)

Other than those few things, it's a really good opening to the story and we're definitely interested in seeing how Sorcha's gonna develop from here on out. Congratulations on getting this done! It's gonna be great! 3 Onwards to next chapters!
Tifanny91 chapter 3 . 10/2/2019
Things are getting darker. There's definitely something dangerous hiding behind all this lavishness. Despite her to be father-in-law's disdain, Sorcha would be better of marrying Kem than getting in this mess. Something tells me she's trapped in a lion's cage with no possibility to escape. Then there's the Nightrish family crest. It can't be just a coincidence. At least she made a friend in Lily. She's kind, gentle and devoted despite her cleptomania. She could be of help later on, though limited. And we have yet to know Menaheim's true intentions. That man is like a snake, charming but vicious.

PS: I've noticed a few mistakes here and there, mainly related to wrong verb tenses and typing errors. I thought I'd point that out. I understand it's not easy to patch them all, especially with chapters as long as yours, though.
Tifanny91 chapter 2 . 9/22/2019
Thirteen years have passed and Sorcha hasn't changed. She's matured, yes, but deep down she's still that brash child. The episode with Cornelius was interesting and might be leading up to something later on. Also those violet eyes watching her from the forest... That actually made me shiver with fear. Doesn't help that I'm reading this chapter late at night. Argh! Anyway, I wonder if this marriage plan will work. I have the feeling things will get more complicated.
Tifanny91 chapter 1 . 9/18/2019
Oh this is beautiful! I'm already hooked! I can't wait for the next chapter. I know you wrote you wouldn't publish all the chapters here, which I can understand. But I hope you'll at least tell us where to read it. I really want to read all of it. Take care and read you soon :)
25 | « Prev Page 1 2