Reviews for No Tomorrow
Cynthia Brent chapter 1 . 10/16
This is so beautifully written! I love the way it is between poetry and prose. So raw and powerful!
Steve Hansen chapter 1 . 7/11
Goodday Thomina, how are you. I have just read your poem, and it is beautiful and honest and raw, but also very, very sad. I'm really sorry that you feel like that, I can't begin to imagine what it's like. For what it's worth, I'll give you the words of a song I wrote this week, and, who knows, maybe you could get something out of it. The message, to me, is really, really simple: when I see the sun come up in the morning, I see hope and light and colour and warmth, and it make me want to live and embrace the world, no matter what. I hope that these words may be of some use to you.

Every Tomorrow

Oh when the sun comes up again
and brings us light, here where we stand
the brand new day
that’s on its way
will come and chase the darkness from the land

Just like the sea’s eternal hand
picks up and moves each grain of sand
the rising sun
has just begun
to make sure the darkness will be banned

Oh at the breaking of the dawn
when the world is freshly spawned
colour and light
will end the night
and every tomorrow is reborn

Oh when you face an uphill climb
and there is never enough time
the morning light
will join the fight
and help to drive the darkness from your mind

so when you’re stuck and cold and blind
with the way forwards hard to find
the bright and warm
day will reform
and lead to leave the darkness far behind

Oh at the breaking of the dawn
when the world is freshly spawned
colour and light
will end the night
and every tomorrow is reborn

All the best

Steve
RainbowPearls chapter 1 . 5/2
Oh my God, how beautifully, nostalgically and painfully this picture is painted with so deep verses. I can literally each verse giving some feeling and message

Wishful thinking is only for children.~This hitched me. And I realized that its probably true or at least I feel that.

The last line justified the title of the poem, absolutely. It's how funny that the pain of stabbing your skin relieves your pain of depression, this line gave me s thunder, seriously.