Reviews for Pages I Never Wrote: An LGBT University Romance (BoyxBoy)
total.boron chapter 5 . 12/1/2019
I felt embarrassed for Nate at the beginning of the chapter, because if I kept messaging someone the way he messages Luke and I kept getting short replies, I'd definitely take the hint! But I mean, fair enough for him for ploughing on. I'm happy for Luke that he's finally getting his dream of having his stories written down...I just hope Nate has kept everything confidential! Interested to see what Nate wants to talk about face-to-face...I sympathise with Luke's hate of people saying "We need to talk" and then not elaborating. Sets my anxiety right off!

Nice chapter, keep up the good work :)
Guest chapter 2 . 11/26/2019
this is so sweet! i ;o;
i love the writing style; its not too prose but its not vague, and the story itself is realistic
KrissKringle chapter 4 . 11/24/2019
A couple of corrections: 1st paragraph, 4th sentence should [they're] be [they've]? (18:45) In Luke's first text: I could [send]... Paragraph after (19:39) ...voice message [has] ... much less stress[ed] out. Thank you for another new word I hadn't heard- "quiff". Happy you decided to write. Does Nate have a crush on you? Certainly there are innuendos to make it seem he's interested. Though he could see you as a "brother"? Could be a bromance kind of thing. Best to check it out, ask him out. On a date! Does Katy have anything to say? Have you dated before?
KrissKringle chapter 3 . 11/24/2019
An eclectic bunch, this gang, just the type I imagine Luke to hang with. How soon is too soon? Is it because he is reluctant to admit he needs a tutor? Or is there something more like an attraction to Nate that Luke is unwilling to admit?
KrissKringle chapter 2 . 11/24/2019
My favorite bit is Luke's observation of Nate's wave and the lyric from Adele. One of my Adele favorite's is "Someone Like You".
DeanWinchester'sDreamGirl chapter 4 . 11/24/2019
Interesting so far, Luke is cute and awkward. I can't wait to see where this goes!

So far, quite well written! Keep it up. :D
total.boron chapter 4 . 11/24/2019
Ended up in Boots for a meal day today...again. I swear I spend half my life getting Boots meal deals. ANYWAY. This was a great chapter - moved the story along nicely, but didn't feel like it was rushed. I like the fact that Nate sends three emojis at the end of each text...I'm really put-out by people who don't use emojis, just because I use them for literally everything, but obviously it's just easier for Luke to not send them. I think I'd also have Luke's reaction to someone I hardly knew sending me frequent texts ending with "have a lovely day" or the like. I'd be suspicious more than anything! But yeah, glad that he's cottoned on to the fact that Nate's into him!

Couldn't spot any typos in this chapter! Nice update :)
total.boron chapter 3 . 11/17/2019
If I had a pound for every time someone asked to try on my glasses and then said "wow, can't see anything!" I wouldn't have to work. I guess Nate was just trying to make conversation, though! I like the squad, they seem cool. To be honest though, if someone I just met started quoting Shakespeare to me I'd wonder if they were entirely normal, but Chris seems like the kinda dude who's great fun once you get to know him. I wonder what Nate's friends are like...and whether they know that he's into Luke. I hope they're friendly.

Great chapter and I couldn't spot any typos/mistakes!
KrissKringle chapter 1 . 11/14/2019
I like this chapter! You are off to a great start! The characters are likable, I've enjoyed the story and writing. Definitely curious how the date will fare. With your question how 'bad' the first lunch date will go, I'm guessing we are in for some surprises. 10 being "bad-bad" I say a 7, betting Luke does not like the way things turn out.
total.boron chapter 2 . 11/10/2019
As fate would have, I had to get a Boots meal deal today and was extremely blessed that the chicken and stuffing sandwiches were still there, despite it being 4pm.

I liked this chapter and really love your writing style - their lunch date came across really naturally and the dialogue was well-paced. Can’t relate to Luke’s love of analysing literature, since good old GCSE English Lit stamped that well out of me (can’t hear the name Macbeth without getting war flashbacks). But I’m glad he’s still got a passion for it!

Nice update, thanks for sharing! :)
total.boron chapter 1 . 11/3/2019
"I literally have only three pounds", a Tesco meal deal for a date, and having bad experiences with university staff are such quintessential student experiences...we've all been there. It makes for an incredibly relatable first chapter and I like Luke's character. I think the lunch date will be a strong 6, if the selection of meal deal sandwiches hasn't been reduced to tuna mayo and tuna with sweetcorn (why is it always the tuna ones that are left after the lunch time rush?).

The only typo I spotted was near the end, with "I glances at my coin pocket".

Great first chapter and nice intro to both characters!
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6