Reviews for Black Horns
WolfGoesBaa chapter 5 . 1/29/2020
Of course, personal matters do trump this, so if this is stopping you from writing, you should focus on getting through it. I was really enjoying you writing this again. I hope you can come back to it somewhere in the future.
WolfGoesBaa chapter 4 . 1/29/2020
Wow, you can even hype up a training session and am explanation of World Mechanics. I love the drawbacks of the Soul Element, so no one can rely too heavily on it without paying a cost for overuse. This chapter is very good but alas, nome can be perfect:

Minutes later and camp had been set up - I think the grammar is right but it sounds awkward

clapping could be heard my wooden blade - [as]
WolfGoesBaa chapter 3 . 1/19/2020
I guess Luna's secret ain't that much of a secret to the master. Well, Syrus kicked out by having Luna there, otherwise, he wouldn't have know how to fix the seal. I'm guessing there's some history between Bahumut and Luna which is why I thought Luna wanted to help but there are things I don't understand. It seems fixing the seal didn't affect Bahamuy that much. Wasn't he sealed in there or something. Ah.. Behold, what I don't like:

Bullshit, little girl." Said sternly, "You're better off with - this should be Faelheld said
WolfGoesBaa chapter 2 . 1/19/2020
So far so good. So everything they've fought has just been mutates made of the energy that is leaking from the seal. This part confuses me, hasn't the creature already escaped or something? I'm really liking the relationship building between Luna and Syris. Good work but as usual, de tings me don't like:

Ugh... That name! It's so long, boring and girly. "Um, I prefer to go by 'Syris', if you don't mind." I told her, trying to sound as polite as I could. "The name Syrisael's kinda big and annoying, not to mention girly sounding." - his name is long and feminine, unnecessarily repeated twice here. Remove the 1st one and leave the part where he says it
WolfGoesBaa chapter 1 . 1/16/2020
Lo! I just logged in to catch up on Soul Anomaly (which everyone should do casue that thing is great) and I see that The Last Artisian is writing again. And whats more cool, his continuing the saga of Blackhorn. It's real exciting to see this character again. I ove the language you use and how you write from his percpective. It gives off the feeling of a shounen by being light and fun to read. And yes, Syris had every right to believe Luna can't fight. She was the damsel after all. But alas, I detract, here are the very few things I did not like.

So, Syris, got that out of the way. I also told you that I'm sixteen, cool - avoid repeating things you've just mentioned

I'm out!'! - remove the exclamation outside of the qoutes

Keep up the Good work Arty!
Unbreakable Ark chapter 4 . 1/13/2020
That little moment at the end between Syris and Luna was adorable. Also, I really liked how the exposition about Soul Elements felt very natural and like it was delivered at exactly the right moment. Great chapter as always!
CrossPaladin chapter 1 . 1/12/2020
Well, it's good to see Syris is coming back. He'd never reach Kel and Cross if he just gave up.
Unbreakable Ark chapter 3 . 1/5/2020
The introductory arc is over, and the real adventure begins! To be honest, the comedy parts of this story with Syris being a goofball are easily some of my favourite parts, especially his recreation of this chapter's battle with the Bonewalker. I also like how you're steadily trickling out information about Luna, as well. All in all, great chapter once again- Happy New Year and I'll no doubt be back next week with another review!
Unbreakable Ark chapter 2 . 12/28/2019
I had to read this as soon as I got the notification that it was up! Some nice exposition about Syris, Luna and their weapons, making this another great chapter. I'm excited to see the pair's battle to repair the seal next week. Also, I have my theories about where Luna came from already...

One thing though: At one point, Syris says "wow, Luna, you're pretty good", to which Luna responds "W-Well, you did pretty good too, LUNA". A small mistake, I know, but I just thought I should point it out. Keep up the awesome work on this story, my dude!
Unbreakable Ark chapter 1 . 12/22/2019
Your first person narrative and the tone it sets really works and makes this story feel like I'm watching an anime, and the chapter was a good length with some interesting character introductions and a conflict with Bahamut. With all that said it's safe to say I loved this chapter and hope to see more of Syris soon!