Reviews for Wicked
acumashindorballomu chapter 11 . 3/2
Poor Kyle, he may have survived this ordeal, but in the end he was left scarred and now it's back to being his usual closeted self with his obviously misunderstanding parents. At least his friends will help him move on with his life, thus bringing this tale to an end.
It was a fun ride, definitely in your type of thriller works with gay subtexts, I know you have a knack for fucked up relationships. This one's twist came from the fact that there was no actual relationship, no toxicity, only a lot of delusion and occult thrown in for the fun of it, thus giving it its own identity. I liked it for the most part, if I can muster up any complaints, it might be that Kyle was probably a bit too shy and scared for my taste, I'd have liked to see him investigate more the turmoils that kept affecting him, gradually building up to his final confrontation with Jake. And if you added the past life aspect, maybe some visions confirming it might have also worked. But that's just me rambling on, anyway, see you next time on another review game!
acumashindorballomu chapter 10 . 3/2
This was the most intense chapter yet! I loved how Kyle and Kim both worked together and discovered the mystery of what was going on, this was definitely a highlight, seeing them do detective work, but with the supernatural!
And in a way I kind of feel sorry for Jake. Maybe there was some truth to his delusions, maybe he and Kyle were past life soulmates, or maybe he cooked it all up in his narcissistic mind. The point is, he might have spilled more blood had Kyle not acted in self defense and killed him. In a way it did feel cathartic, he did deserve it after doing all the things he had confessed to, hopefully there's a hell for his rotten little soul to burn in.
Anyway, off to the epilogue!
acumashindorballomu chapter 9 . 3/1
Oh boy, as expected, Jake's sanity is further deteriorating. Whatever power may be out there, they told both the guy on the internet and him in person via Lucifer that Kyle did not love him and he is better off gaining control of himself, but that so wasn't the case. His little trip at the Buddhist temple may have helped if he were only patient, but again, that wasn't the case. And for some reason, the members of Occupational Hazard are so drugged out of their minds that they don't seem to get the murderous vibes he keeps giving off, especially when high and at his most honest. Well, at least Laurene is trying to get to him in her own way, but she may be too superficial to actually stop him.
Hopefully he manages to find a way to calm the fuck down and stop being such an impulsive little edgelord before someone gets hurt.
acumashindorballomu chapter 8 . 3/1
Oh ya cheeky bastard, you had me in for a loop. I almost forgot that Jake's actual name was Jesse, so during the whole chat that Kyle had with him, I thought it was another guy who actually cared for him, leading Jake to grow really jealous and murder-hungry, but in fact it WAS him! xD What's sad is that if he had the right mindset, he might have actually made Kyle forget about the whole curse thing and fall in love with him, but instead he had to go full unstable psycho on his ass.
Well, at least the 2 main characters have interacted again after so many chapters, and it went about as good as you'd expect from them after the big reveal. The whole story was building up to that party, the concert and their encounter, and at the very least some lines are now drawn. Most certainly Jake will flip from being duped in such a manner, but I'll have to wait and see what else is happening.
acumashindorballomu chapter 7 . 2/16
Well, if I am sure of one thing, Jake's not so much of an actual schemer as he is a chaotic daydreamer. Why do I say this? It's because he always makes plans, he tries going through with them, like sending Lilith to murder Kyle, and he backs off in the last moment because he changes his mind. The same can be said with his wishes of getting rid of all those annoying schoolkid preps, they're just thoughts that bother his mind for a while, make him obsess over them, and then the drugs or Kyle preoccupy his mind, therefore making him forget all about it.
Really, he's a disorganized mess. While that can be attributed to his rocker lifestyle, I'm not sure he makes for a mindblowing villain. At most he'll come off like a murderous nutjob, should he grow the courage to actually follow through with any of his desires, but I kind of doubt it. Hopefully something eventful takes place at the party.
acumashindorballomu chapter 6 . 2/12
Woah, what a creepy chapter! First of all, I like Marie's character, she's a very helpful knowledgeable psychic and gives me badass vibes, hopefully she will play a bigger role later. And I can tell this is one of your stories, since the sense of danger is everywhere and I was tense during the fairly relaxing scene of the friends picking movies, watching them and then the realization that Kyle forgot his phone. As for the ouija board, that was a nice medium of confirming to Kyle once and for all that he is indeed in danger, though I find it funny that the demon now targeting him is Lilith.
Oh well, we'll have to see how things unfold in the next chapter.
acumashindorballomu chapter 5 . 2/12
Is it funny that I got all the hints in the first part of the chapter as to who Jake's victim was? It's sad that the grandfather had to be collateral damage, but from the looks of it, Jake is pretty much a monster without any pity or sympathy for others, basically the worst in any gay man: an abuser who uses you till he grows tired and moves on to the next sucker. The fact that he dabbles into black magic and uses demons for his bidding is so cool, because it makes him a real threat, while also doubling his edgelord factor.
I wonder if something will happen once they hold their concert at that preppy party. Perhaps Jake will make some kind of fucked up ritual to ruin everything merely so he could 'get back' at Kyle, who by the way did nothing wrong except existing and attending the same school. Yeah, this guy's a total pitiless creature.
acumashindorballomu chapter 4 . 2/12
Poor Kyle, whatever curse was thrown upon him only seems to be growing worse, and that sudden car accident was a confirmation. I like his growing paranoia, up until now he was a reactive character, now he can be proactive as he searches for the source of his pains. His parents also seem overbearing in a way, his mother seems to be condescending with him while she acts highly servile towards his father, while his dad's temper doesn't seem the best, given the fact that he was so quick to tackle the cause of the accident rather than his own son's safety.
Brody is also pretty interesting for a 'hetero normie', I like that you realistically explored his short moments of bi-curiosity and his amiable attitude towards Kyle. Hopefully he and Kim will be able to help him get to the bottom of this mystery.
acumashindorballomu chapter 3 . 2/12
Oh boy, Jake is one huge edgelord! xD I get that his background is pretty tragic due to his drug-addicted young mother only being together with abusive older men who sustained her, a typical problem of current day modern women who rarely look at us for our personalities and looks anymore, but rather for the cash and sex. But I won't turn this into a social commentary...
I like the fact that he's in a band, that supports the edginess even further. And I especially adored the latter half of the chapter, where his psychotic daydreams about harming 'the love of his life' were swapped with actual romantic feelings. For some reason, this made me think of 2 of Lordi's most recent songs, 'Like A Bee To The Honey' and 'I Dug A Hole In The Yard For You', the former being about a lesbian who tries to reconnect with her ex-girlfriend, only to be brutally rejected, which makes her go over the edge, break into her ex's house and beat her with a crowbar, while the latter is about a suspicious jealous husband who kills his wife for trying to leave him, buries her in the yard and lives on thinking she is 'still alive', until Halloween night when her corpse returns for vengeance. If somehow these are the hints of 'supernatural' in your story, it will be fun to read!
But as he stands, Jake is just an edgelord with a keyboard who reads edgy stuffs like LaVey's overrated Satanic Bible. Hmmm... now that I think about it, he does seem fairly familiar. :3
acumashindorballomu chapter 2 . 2/12
Kyle seems like your stereotypical sickly weak gay kid who possibly suffers from a mental disorder (is he on the autism spectrum)? Either way, nice job highlighting his mediocrity when compared to his brothers. As someone who is always enduring unwarranted comparisons to his cousins and even older brother thanks to my parents, I can wholeheartedly relate.
I like the descriptions of the city, though personally I wish you could have gone a bit in more detail with the funeral scene, besides Kyle's own feelings towards his grandfather. Although I understand it was just a push for him to contact that psychic lady Marie, who would foreshadow possibly the events of this story. Speaking of which, what is with Kyle's extensive knowledge of the movies he's watched? Is he a cinephile, or does he merely watch them to pass time?
Anyway, moving on!
acumashindorballomu chapter 1 . 2/12
Guess who's back for another round of our favorite game? Yeah, it's me, hold your slow claps.
So what do we have on our hands this time, ey? From the looks of it, this is yet another gay romance, but this time with a crime angle and once more the POV of the would-be murderer? Well, at least the prologue set things up and caught my interest, I wonder what this guy's deal is and why he is so fixated on killing the so-called 'love of his life'. Welp, time to find out!
DaddyLauBourgeois chapter 11 . 1/9
I'm usually a sucker for the villain but I'm happy for Kyle
DaddyLauBourgeois chapter 8 . 1/7
Oh sh!t that took me by surprise. I have to read it again with the spoiler in mind this time. This is so good
DaddyLauBourgeois chapter 2 . 1/6
Kim has my interest piqued also. This I gonna be good I can tell(Dory voice)
Lucille Haunted chapter 2 . 12/27/2019
I really like your narrative style and would love to read more and find out what happens next. Will be looking out for the next chapter.