Reviews for Hysteria
Guest chapter 3 . 6/6
it is an understatement to say i am impatiently waiting for part 4. been rereading the whole story for days now hoping for an update!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/10
*I hit post too soon

Are we supposed to take the fact that the widow got pregnant rather quickly as an indication that he's the reason they're not able to conceive?
Guest chapter 3 . 4/10
Wow! I binge-read this late last night, and have been trying to come up with a review since.

When the story started, I enjoyed their dynamic greatly. However, throughout the second chapter, my disgust for Dr Cecil grew into a strong hatred. As I read on through the third chapter, through the way he made her appear crazy and isolated her, used her addiction against her, my hatred grew to proportions I seldom experience with fictional characters. My profound hareed is a true testament to your ability as a writer.

This is an excellent story, and excellent writing. It works quite well as a shorter format story, though I'm certain you could make an excellent long story out of it if you ever find yourself with the time and inclination. Loved this and loved the new chapter of Broken Bottles as well.

P. S. Are we supposed to take the fact that his
Guest chapter 3 . 4/4
This chapter was hard for me. In lassoad hearts I felt that there was more "justice" for your female heroine (with the trail and all). In this story however, it feels more like she is controlled and rulled by her envairment and have no control over her life.
Don't get me wrong. I love your stories because you pokiticly incoracte and more histericlly acurate (or at least feel acurate). But this story broke me to pieces. I whish she could at the very least talk with her future husband (that we the readers would read thier interaction) and than that she'll decied what she want.
Guest chapter 3 . 3/25
Also, asking out of curiosity, who do you picture as Josephine and the doctor?
Guest chapter 3 . 3/25
as twisted as it is, I must praise you for crafting Dr Cecil’s declaration of love... so tender and so warm.
KarasunoFan chapter 2 . 3/6
whoa that escalated fast. Really curious to see where he goes with this...
KarasunoFan chapter 1 . 3/6
Interesting story just a few editing suggestions "extended her neck, not extenuating her neck" and since her sisters were of an age perhaps you meant her father would be trying to find them husbands and not trying to find them wives...or maybe your original phrasing was is old fashion language that I didn't understand
Jo chapter 2 . 2/25
When's next chapter?
Guest chapter 2 . 2/11
Sometimes you left out important words from sentences, and it's throw me off a bit. Like when the doctor tries to stop her he says: "I will prove it you", not "I will prove it to you." But overall it's a good chapter.
Lilo chapter 2 . 2/11
Oh my! I had been wondering how the old theory about hysteria might fit into the story and oh by how you made it fit.

Josephine's cognitive dissonance is very interesting. After the first kiss she initiated the second one, but then was reluctant to mix them into these "sessions". It reads as if she has feelings for him, willingly crosses some lines with him, but tells a story to herself at the same time to appease her religious beliefs. Then again, we do not get her point of view so this can be a biased way to see her behavior.

I can't wait to read how all this will end. Will he clamp down and continue to misuse his position in other ways? It can be easy for him to isolate her and contain what news leaks out to her father. Her distress can be easily masked as bouts of mental illness. Quite horrifying stuff.

This has been such a thrill ride! I am sure that the conclusion will be as great.
Kat chapter 2 . 2/10
At first I was thinking this was going to be a simple love story. Boy was I wrong when I got to the end! The twist was so unexpected for something I should have expected haha. Your writing is magnificent and I truly feel the emotions of both Josephine and the doctor in this chapter. I am definitely interested to see where you take this story next - will he subdue her with drugs, or threats? Or will there be something else afoot?
dipsydoodle1 chapter 2 . 2/10
This chapter was wrong in so many ways and I loved it! Another story of seriously flawed characters that has me hooked.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/10
I LOVEEE THIS CHAPTER! Great ending & cliffhanger! I love all your work, and have to admit I have been repeatedly visiting the page to see if you’ve updated... and boy was I happy today. Love the way you picture everything so vividly almost as if I felt like watching a film in my head. Have always loved your work though.. not just this one :) I love how you convey the Doctor’s love to Josephine... it feels so real, so genuine. Patiently waiting for your next update! (Tbh deep in my heart I wished you would continue this to a full story instead of 3 part only because truly this is too amazing and I’ve become too attached to the doctor and Josephine for this to end in the next chapter :( ) I’ve also got a question for you, who do you picture as the Doctor and Josephine?
Alexa Rg chapter 1 . 2/3
Great introduction! I love it that this is a short one.. but really excited for Broken Bottles to continue as well. Your stories are challenging for me as a reader, I love them because they force me to open my mind. And stylistically, they are amazing. I love the dialogue and how each character is so delicately made.
Looking forward to the next update (for both)!