Reviews for Winter Gardener
Bob Story Builder chapter 1 . 2/12
I love the seasonal imagery. Two of my favorite lines were "embroider scars on what would have been a perfectly clear sky" and "Filled with our dead flowers that on my worst days remind me of funerals." I thought that latter line was vivid of emotion. Got a feeling of resignation in the poem overall but so well written.
TymiJean chapter 1 . 2/8
This. This was absolutely beautiful. This is what I aspire for my poetry to be. Your word usage is divine. My favorite line is "So I learned to embroider scars on what would've been a perfectly clear sky." That's so lovely. Keep writing!
Woedin chapter 1 . 2/7
So awake to the adrenalin filled thrill of the one on one duel, but ever so blind "sadly", to the contentment and warmth of the lovers dance. Some can be unseeing to their longed for happiness, even when it's standing right in front of them just awaiting an invitation to always stay. ~Oh to begin with life's eternal waltz, the two as one bound with love~ "I love your work friend, yet another amazing painting".
Synthey chapter 1 . 2/7
Very beautiful imagery, the lover is written like he's far from reach from the start which I think is intentional, I also loved the line "wreathes of my slow daily deaths" and its positioning in the piece puts emphasis on the heartbreak rather than the line itself, kudos!