Reviews for Wildflowers in Winter
LilyWoodlin chapter 1 . 2/15/2020
This is wonderful. The imagery was pleasant, not too much but not too little. It's very relatable too, here in this section of the poem "I though the drink he gave me was sweeter" is probably my fav. it just really conveys the false sense of mutual interest between the person the narrator has a crush on. That their kindness is a double-edged sword.
XO
Lily (ノヮ)ノ*:・゚
Ckh chapter 1 . 2/10/2020
Your imagery had me captivated till the very end. Good job. I suppose that unrequited love is tragic by nature, but love is sometimes a one way street. Oh well. What to do?

Some personal musings:
"It came to be like the change in (the) seasons" - removing the 'the' might make the line flow better. 'Change in the seasons' sounds more strict than 'Change in seasons'.

"There was no line drawn between (the) spring and (the) summer" - Again, I would recommend removing the 'the'. 'Spring and summer' just sounds more intimate than 'The spring and the summer', though I'll acknowledge your intentions if you meant to make the line more formal.

"Despite the colors that (I) bloomed on my hair" - I'm not sure if the 'I' has any significance, but removing it makes the line a little less clunky.

"That sometimes I wonder was it ever really there" could be reworked as "Sometimes I wondered if it was ever there". I feel that the previous line works better as an ending line to 'Thought at the time..." The last two lines should be more introspective, though one could argue that the way you arranged your lines made a deliberate stream of consciousness style.

Lastly, I feel that the full stops are unnecessary in this poem. They force the reader to stop, breaking up the momentum of the poem - though I respect your personal preference. I just don't think they excel in this particular poem.

It should be noted that my musings are purely personal. I do think that your poem evokes a unique experience, so take my musings as you will. Cheers.
Woedin chapter 1 . 2/8/2020
An unrequited love is truly the yearning hearts hell, and hurts all the more when it's toward someone that's unreservedly worthy of that affection. The kind gardener who waters all roses with the same measure, but can only see the bouquet, oblivious to that one rose that wants to bloom for him alone. "You always write with such fervor in your poetry my friend. I extol your talent, for it's ever been my pleasure to read your offerings" … with fond thoughts always: ~Woedin~