Reviews for Deserter
Thommy92 chapter 1 . 3/10
Very nice little sequence. She seems like a good character, that's too bad things didn't work out... Yet. Just remember in the words of Ian Malcom... life, uh, finds a way. I'm sure these characters and ideas will work themselves into some other form in a future project or something. Nice work my friend.
Will9035 chapter 1 . 3/1
I was really pleased with how this scene came out as well, and I'm glad that you decided to share it. The build-up to the quick confrontation with Lieberenz in the club was masterfully done (and I can say that your description of that kind of club was spot-on), and the following sequence where Amanda and Koji nabbed him in his apartment was fun to read as well. Everything was really easy to follow, and you captured the behavior of all three central characters extremely well. There was no question I was reading about three people who are very, very good at what they do. Seeing Amanda and Lieberenz locked in their little mental chess match during the quick interrogation scene was definitely the highlight of this piece and was a fantastic note to end on.

It really is a shame that this particular story ends here. I could tell from reading it that you had lots of ideas (and obviously loads of possibilities about where to take Amanda Carver from here) and they just didn't come together for you. But if this one chapter is any indication, then you definitely haven't lost your writing touch during this little hiatus.