Reviews for Theo in the Whirlwood Episode 1: The Red Caps
best wishes chapter 21 . 4/22
This is a lot more engaging and funnier than I originally expected it would be. I hope that you continue to add more chapters.
Morrowseer chapter 4 . 4/22
The chapters are pretty short. A book’s chapter should be at least 2,000 words long, but this is probably a novella so 1,500 would be a good number too.
Morrowseer chapter 3 . 4/22
The time skip from chapter 2 to chapter 3 was jarring and I don’t know how old Theo is now. Is he 18 or 20 or 25? It’s hard to tell because in a modern day fantasy world, they could either graduat at 8th grade or 12th grade. I would suggest combining chapters 1 and 2 since there’s really no reason for them to be separated, then put something like “ten years later” at the top of chapter 3. Besides that, the plot and character are pretty interesting. I’m guessing that Theo is going to get sent on a mission of some sort since he is a Greyweather and is expected to have warrior talent. I especially like that pigeons run the post office!
Morrowseer chapter 2 . 4/22
Your writing style is simple but descriptive, which makes the story easy to read and visualize without sifting through so many words. It looks like we’re still in the introductory, so I can’t say much more about the story yet.
Morrowseer chapter 1 . 4/22
Good start. We get good action in the first chapter, and a little characterization too.