Reviews for The Outlaw's Daughter
PJ Cates chapter 5 . 4/20
Another great installment! Looking forward to seeing how Robyn's relationship with her father develops (I see a very similar wariness/slow-to-trust quality in both of them). I also enjoyed the little aside about treehouses between Daniel and Robyn - that juxtaposition of viewpoints is a lot of fun to read!
PJ Cates chapter 4 . 4/20
Ahhh exciting! It's fun to see your spins on Will Scarlett and Little John and their kids, and having all of the current-day references show up amidst the medieval setting keeps things fresh :) Nice work!
Sir Perfluous chapter 1 . 4/12
Hey! Consider me on board here. I'm guessing your story is in some way linked to the legend of Robin Hood? It's an interesting premise and the initial scene you laid out was a good one, both foreboding and tense, but also a little heartbreaking in the giving up of the baby. I'll be curious to see how this mystery unfolds and what spins or parallels you might put on the legend. Who the witch was? If there's any magical properties to the green necklace, or who the mother might be. Great start here and best of luck on it!
PJ Cates chapter 2 . 4/13
And the plot thickens! It's a compelling set up you've got here with Robyn trying to find out where she belongs, both with her foster parents and in her barely-discernible longing for another place that she can't yet identify. Looking forward to more :)
PJ Cates chapter 1 . 4/13
Ohh this is exciting! You do a great job of setting the scene with all of the descriptive imagery and building tension throughout the narrative. Excited to read the next chapter!
fancyandwhimsyagain chapter 1 . 4/11
Very interesting concept.
A. Ceravolo chapter 1 . 4/11
This is really great so far! You set the scene very well and evoke strong emotion in the characters. The only criticism I'd make is to maybe lay off the ellipses. Beyond that, I'm definitely keen to read more!