Reviews for The Outlaw's Daughter
PJ Cates chapter 8 . 4/21
(Site is being a bear and not letting me log in but it’s me). It was interesting to see how this confrontation played out and the way Robyn’s knowledge of “the story” is shaping the present reality in which she finds herself. It’s definitely a fine line she’s having to walk, drawing on what she knows but trying not to alarm the other characters who aren’t privy to that information, and that tension is apparent in the undercurrent of this chapter. David also seems like an interesting character...not really likable but not entirely unsympathetic either at this point. Looking forward to more. :)
PJ Cates chapter 7 . 12/21/2020
"Clan McDuck" :D That was excellent.

Oooh, the big bad(s) make their appearance, both in reference and substantiality! The plot's definitely thickening, and knowing your knack for fast-paced adventure stories, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve for future installments. :)
PJ Cates chapter 6 . 12/21/2020
The pieces continue to emerge a still without anything truly fitting together...yet :). I could definitely feel the disorienting aspects of Robyn's adjustment - kind of like her consciousness of both worlds is running concurrently rather than intersectionally. She has this curiosity and awareness of her new surroundings, yet she retains her "modern day" memories that she uses as points of reference (Kay jewelers, the blue night light, Christian Slater, etc.) all the while realizing that they won't prove useful or provide any clarity in her new "home." Interested in seeing where the next chapter goes! :)
PJ Cates chapter 5 . 4/20/2020
Another great installment! Looking forward to seeing how Robyn's relationship with her father develops (I see a very similar wariness/slow-to-trust quality in both of them). I also enjoyed the little aside about treehouses between Daniel and Robyn - that juxtaposition of viewpoints is a lot of fun to read!
PJ Cates chapter 4 . 4/20/2020
Ahhh exciting! It's fun to see your spins on Will Scarlett and Little John and their kids, and having all of the current-day references show up amidst the medieval setting keeps things fresh :) Nice work!
Sir Perfluous chapter 1 . 4/12/2020
Hey! Consider me on board here. I'm guessing your story is in some way linked to the legend of Robin Hood? It's an interesting premise and the initial scene you laid out was a good one, both foreboding and tense, but also a little heartbreaking in the giving up of the baby. I'll be curious to see how this mystery unfolds and what spins or parallels you might put on the legend. Who the witch was? If there's any magical properties to the green necklace, or who the mother might be. Great start here and best of luck on it!
PJ Cates chapter 2 . 4/13/2020
And the plot thickens! It's a compelling set up you've got here with Robyn trying to find out where she belongs, both with her foster parents and in her barely-discernible longing for another place that she can't yet identify. Looking forward to more :)
PJ Cates chapter 1 . 4/13/2020
Ohh this is exciting! You do a great job of setting the scene with all of the descriptive imagery and building tension throughout the narrative. Excited to read the next chapter!
fancyandwhimsyagain chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
Very interesting concept.
A. Ceravolo chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
This is really great so far! You set the scene very well and evoke strong emotion in the characters. The only criticism I'd make is to maybe lay off the ellipses. Beyond that, I'm definitely keen to read more!