Reviews for The Heir and the Spared
Guest chapter 27 . 6/1
Brilliantly written story! You blended true history and imagined scenarios, emotions, and conversations flawlessly! Thank you!
Guest chapter 25 . 6/1
I cannot even imagine! How heartrending! Philip had me on the verge of tears. I am SO GLAD though that they have a living baby and though not of their flesh, surely will be loved. Absolutely love that they honored Bess by naming their daughter Elizabeth.
empiresofwater chapter 27 . 6/3
Oh, what a wonderful story this has been! I really enjoyed it, you have a really lovely style to read, full of emotion and detail and lots of great characters!
Guest chapter 24 . 5/31
Love Bess as a character - what a good friend - so selfless and faithful (and funny too - loved her response to Sarah's naming her a saint).

Yay that Phillip was able to be there for the birth! Seems like such a sweet husband.

What anguished worry they must be experiencing!
Guest chapter 23 . 5/31
Love the way that you have written your characters, especially the ones that you created. Really like Sarah and Phillip and glad that you included Bess.
Guest chapter 22 . 5/31
Glad James stood up to Sutherland.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/30
Very interesting story. I like how you're handling your characters.
empiresofwater chapter 24 . 5/31
This was such a beautifully written chapter! You have such a way with balancing description and emotions and inner dialogue. I really love the characters’ journeys so far :)
LoveMamaBee chapter 20 . 5/28
Really enjoying this story!
Guest chapter 16 . 5/21
I am loving this story! Still hoping for a happy ending for Phillip and Sarah, and even for James and Mary (brief though real history may require for them). Thank you!
empiresofwater chapter 14 . 5/21
Still really enjoying this! You really have such great pacing and a readable, evocative writing style, guiding through all the twists and turns and little historical details!
Guest chapter 10 . 5/13
And in an instant...*Mary was back to that time

Enjoying this story. Thank you for posting.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/11
Guest chapter 5 . 5/8
Oh, I'm so happy for them! Philip seems so sweet. They have such a hard road ahead of them that I do agree with Sarah that they will definitely need God to survive the future together.
Guest chapter 4 . 5/6
Who is Michael sitting in the pews in the chapel? What?! How difficult! Wonder what happened to change the plans.