Reviews for The princess and the harpist
thedeitychildren chapter 1 . 6/26
This one-shot was very intriguing! I saw from reviews that this is part of another story you wrote? Which I am going to go check out! The characters are really interesting and I want to see what happens with them! And your writing is incredible!
Chronic Guardian chapter 1 . 6/25
Guuwah? Could it be? The countess who /didn't/ die before her time?

I like your scene setting details and unfurling of fantastical elements in this one. There's something ominous about the bride as she undoes her hairpins and I can't help but feel as though she's casting a spell of her own. Of course, judging by her questions she's still a ways to go before she can cast her own spells, but she seems the type to make a terrifying sorceress with time.

Also, you do a good job with who I assume to be Not-Mallory in this one. The plan is suitably indirect as he flails his way to a solution against the problematic prince Johan. It's a childishly frustrated sentiment at the end, but believably played.

I'll take this as a juicy preview of your latest progress. Whatever work you're doing, know you've got me well intrigued.

Thanks for submitting a oneshot!
-CG
Aviantei chapter 1 . 6/24
Hi, L! I’m trying to be a responsible admin and drop off some reviews, so here I am!

As an in between scene on Death’s Kiss/The Cursed Guy ~a novel~ I like this a lot. Mostly bc Mallory is my current fav and I like seeing more of his perspective. We see everything from Johan’s POV and that colors things, so poking around in other characters’ heads is always fun.

As per usual, you have interesting world tidbits and delightful dialogue. I’m also a fan of the ending lines. Go do your own dirty work Mallory, goodness—

That said, thanks much for dropping in a piece for us! May whatever other creative endeavors you pursue this summer be fruitful!

-Avi