Reviews for A Martian Inheritance
JaveHarron chapter 6 . 8/30
Okay, I am liking the development of Joshua and those around his estate. I am a little curious about some world building details. For instance, is Joshua using a more historical bolt action rifle (like a British Lee Enfield) or a more classic Barsoomian style gun? Or perhaps some more science fantasy slugthrower? Not sure how rigorously you're sticking to physics, but a slugthrower would have 2-3 times the effective range on Mars due to lower gravity.
D. M. Robb chapter 6 . 8/18
The appearance of the mysterious beggar has piqued my interest. I have a feeling we will see more of him in the chapters to come.
Jave Harron chapter 5 . 8/6
I am liking the worldbuilding here. Not too much at once, and paced well into the scene. I am liking the Ushtu and Kamlil scene, although I think it could use some more descriptive language. This chapter seemed fairly dialogue heavy, although maybe some more description of each character's body language could help.
D. M. Robb chapter 5 . 8/5
I continue to be amazed by the depth and detail you are giving these characters and the world. Excellent! :o)
JaveHarron chapter 3 . 7/22
I am enjoying this story so far, especially the colonial angle. The protagonist's heritage is a fascinating starting point, especially given the horrors of the real life British Raj. I appreciate some hints at the Martian rebel faction, history, and culture, although I am curious if the English plundered much of it (like real history), like the electric cars mentioned. I am not sure if you read them, but you may also enjoy Clark Ashton Smith's Mars stories, like Vulthoom. Looking forward to see how this story goes.
D. M. Robb chapter 3 . 7/20
Another excellent chapter! I love your worldbuilding, how you've created an entire Martian culture, including unique names and words. I'm also interested in seeing how Joshua is going to adjust to his new home. It looks like he will have some challenges to face.

Keep up the good work! :o)
D. M. Robb chapter 2 . 7/15
You are off to an excellent start with this story. I love the premise and the steampunk setting that alternates between Victorian-era Earth and Mars. I’m intrigued and looking forward to seeing where you go with this.