Reviews for The Absolution of Atticus
yaraaaa chapter 20 . 10/24
I- this chapter made me tear up. If I wasn’t eating an empanada while reading I would’ve been bawling my eyes out. This was even more heartbreaking than the previous chapter with his brother. SPOILER: the fact that his brother doesn’t survive and Ema ends up with a broken heart from the loss, is just so tragic. Even if they both knew it will happen nothing really compares to when the loss actually happens. The fact that Jaden loves his brother even with all his faults was beautiful, Cooper was his inspiration. I think Cooper also has to learn to forgive himself, now that he knows that both Jaden and his mother forgive him. I’m tearing up just writing this review. I love the story so much. Truly tragically beautiful.
yaraaaa chapter 16 . 10/8
This was a heartbreaking yet beautiful chapter. i love how descriptive you are. Analogies that you make are wonderful and really set the tone of the chapter. Beautiful.
Gabriella4549 chapter 1 . 9/21
I happened to not have been on the site for a bit and I've missed a few chapters. It was amazing catching up, I love this story and the way you write. Can't wait to read more!
yaraaaa chapter 11 . 9/17
Goodness, I genuinely love the way you use metaphors and how descriptive you are. The style of writing you have going here is beautiful. I want to know more about Grace and Cooper’s past. I just know that it’ll answer all the other questions I have. Loved this chapter. Hope to see another update from you soon.
Gabriella4549 chapter 5 . 8/19
I don't have anything new to say particularly but just want to support the story and let you know that I still like it enough to review - so I will say that I am continuing to enjoy it :) Loving the new character developments and can't wait to read more!
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 4 . 8/15
Those letters are so interesting! I wonder who they're from? I also wonder what is going on with Mason. Great chapter! I can't wait to read more.
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 3 . 8/15
Nice update! I like that we got to see Mason in public and not passed out drunk. I'm interested to see how their relationship morphs throughout the story. I'm intersted to see if Grace continues to live with his behaior or find a way to break free. (Just a suggestion, you may want to change the rating to T or maybe M for some of the themes within.)
Gabriella4549 chapter 3 . 8/10
I love this so far! I am enthralled with your writing style, you have such beautiful descriptions. I cannot wait to continue reading this, Mason seems like a big old jerk, Grace seems like she is punishing herself just being with him, and I want to hear so much more about Cooper. Looking forward to an update :)
hptriviachamp chapter 3 . 8/10
I love this story- Your writing is lovely and lyrical, and while I cannot empathize with Grace, I can completely understand her mindset (the bit about self-loathing, and how it can be a form of comfort), and the stuck state she's in, based on her home and work life, and the last line especially makes me think that she's willing to go along with it rather than do something about it- even something as simple as asking her manager about changing her shifts.
I look forward to reading what (if anything) gets her unstuck.
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 2 . 8/7
You have such a great writing style. I love the relationship between Cooper and Grace. He's trying to protect her, but she doesn't seem to want (or need) the protection. I'm interested to see how Mason fits into it all.
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 1 . 8/2
It's been over a year since I've read anything here on FictionPress. I'm so glad that your story is the first one! This is so good! You've got good description and great flow. I can't wait for the next chapter.