Reviews for The Waking
Master Chief chapter 1 . 8/2
You have a way of painting a picture with your words and I can see everything. Dare I say that it reads as cinematic and I mean that in the best way possible. The world building here is amazing for something so short and I feel like this little sliver of story is begging to be expanded upon.

Your action writing has evolved to another level. It rocks, full stop. Simone is John Wick levels of lethal.

The only shortcoming, in my humble opinion, is that we really don't have much character info, and that makes the twist less impactful. We don't really know Natalie, therefore we it doesn't hit when we find out she is this remorseless sleeper assassin. There isn't more reason to cheer for Simone aside from the fact that she is bad ass. We also don't really know why Solomon needs to die, or don't have thoughts on him as a person to say, "yeah, eff that guy" when Simone kills him.

I truly want to know all of the things. Who is the mysterious entity giving out assassination orders? Who was Natalie? Who was Simone? Why Solomon? The most important skill a writer needs is the ability to make me want to know what happens next. And you do that, my friend.

Kudos!