Reviews for Philia
1234booklover chapter 27 . 10/6
Delusions... what a strange thing. This is the dictionary definition: an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Friendship, or rather Philia, as you call it, IS a delusion. That's what I feel any way. Humans can survive without friends I guess, but we still cling to that hope, that we need friends to survive. Because I think, it is the natural behavior for humans need to have facts to believe. Because we need to know that out hope is true. But who cares? If you believe in it, anything is possible. That's the thing with books, they explore the un-imaginable. Tell you of the impossible.
And I'm rambling now :)
But, what if reality IS a delusion? What if we are living in a make-believe world? Then if so, your last verse in the poem, means nothing. It means the same thing. If the friendship between the two people in the poem, is a delusion, and if reality is a delusion, then isn't it the same thing? Cause no one knows WHAT reality truly is.
This is the definition of reality: (1) the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.
(2) the state or quality of having existence or substance.
x-x
So in a way, life is a sort of a reality. But does it have a substance? No. Does it exist. Not really. I mean, define life. Can humans CREATE life. No. So as I said before, if reality/life is a delusion, andso is friendship, then isn't it the same thing?
I'd probably write a longer review, but I don't want to spam the review section.
(And I've no idea where I've gone with this review :D)
1234booklover chapter 26 . 9/27
This was incredibly touching! I think you should honestly, publish this collection, I swear I'm dead serious. I for one would read it!
1234booklover chapter 25 . 9/27
Loved it! (I actually DO make stories and conversations in my head!)
1234booklover chapter 24 . 9/23
Short, but nice.
Could you try making the poems longer perhaps?
And (this is just a tip) don't post in mass, post a single poem everyday, you'll get more traffic and reviews that way.
1234booklover chapter 23 . 9/23
Broken friendship... One of the worst things ever...
1234booklover chapter 19 . 9/23
Love this!
Especially the last 2 lines.
1234booklover chapter 20 . 9/23
Oh my, this is so simple, but I just love it!
Please don't EVER take this poem collection down!
1234booklover chapter 18 . 9/21
I really like your poems, hope you update soon!
1234booklover chapter 12 . 9/21
Beautiful poem.
1234booklover chapter 10 . 9/21
A true, real friend won't leave you. Even if you're hurt and sad, lonely and angry, they'll still be by your side.
1234booklover chapter 8 . 9/21
Wow! I love how you connected astronomy to friendship!
1234booklover chapter 7 . 9/21
I nearly cried when I read this. I feel this poem has a double meaning...
1234booklover chapter 5 . 9/21
I love this one! The poem is simple, but with a hidden fire burning inside.
1234booklover chapter 4 . 9/21
Dark poem with raw emotion. The first 5 lines are amazing! Like the beginning of a tunnel, and then it just gets darker. But in the end, (last 3 lines) it's like, you're nearing the end of the tunnel, and there is a flicker of light. I'm probably not making sense right now, but beautiful poem!
1234booklover chapter 2 . 9/21
Nice!
Its true too, your friend can be your soulmate. Love doesn't HAVE to be romantic to be true.