Reviews for The Tale of Shale
Sir Scott chapter 15 . 4/19
I hope Shale makes it through the Spooky Mansion and going on all fours was a clever trick.
Sir Scott chapter 14 . 2/27
I hope Shale makes it. It seems that beef jerky is a favorite among Humanimal children.
aviick chapter 14 . 2/26
Even though short, this chapter seemed familiar to me in that the mention of breakfast just informs us that the journey is to start soon. I hope that food will continue to make an appearance throughout the next few chapters in whatever ways you can work it in. Helps to connect or ground the reader to a story that might otherwise be grande or not as down to earth. Good chapter nonetheless...
aviick chapter 13 . 2/26
My thought exactly... A short chapter to prepare us for the tales coming. There seemed to be a lot of energy behind this chapter and it reads well! I look forward to the upcoming dun dun dun...
aviick chapter 12 . 2/26
Interesting addition to the story and a good introduction of Lord Damon's magic given the scenario. I especially appreciate the emphasis placed on how he did it not with purpose but with the power of his emotions; brings the reader to a point where the character becomes even more relatable on some levels. It also demonstrates a diversity in the character placements of the story and how you feed various lines/points of interest as you go. Shows some planning!
Sir Scott chapter 13 . 2/20
I'm looking forward to Shale's Halloween adventure and I 'm curious has how the others handle the demon.
Sir Scott chapter 12 . 2/11
That's pretty cool. I figured Lord Damon was a faker.
Sir Scott chapter 11 . 2/5
Nice chapter. I can understand Alabaster's desire wanting to go with his daughter to the haunted house.
aviick chapter 11 . 2/5
Even though a short chapter, it directs the reader back to a more active mindset, as you did accomplish what you set out to do. It informs us of some of the thinking/motivation, while setting a stage for events. Pretty solid chapter!
aviick chapter 10 . 1/31
This chapter has a different feel to it. There are more details and it has a more singular direction. I wonder if the audience had an effect on the outcome or, as you mentioned, having quieter space. I like the special attention given and how you can use a personal experience as a reference source.
Sir Scott chapter 10 . 1/28
Interesting theory about Noah's Ark. I wish Shale luck while going through the Haunted Mansion.
aviick chapter 9 . 1/11
Intriguing chapter, as Nerites voice is finally heard and lays out a bit of a sinister plot twist. Of course, the reader hopes the best for Shale who has entered her next stage of life and likely grows to meet the upcoming challenge. Good way to tell a story!
aviick chapter 8 . 1/11
Introducing new elements to the story as you often do. Sort of a quick show and tell and reference to something that your reader will either find familiar or completely new. You have a great ability to reference content, which is in it's self a fun part of reading your chapters.
aviick chapter 7 . 1/11
That makes me think about the infamous SG film... LOL. This was an interesting chapter in terms of placement. Discovery is always part of the course, and clearly Shale learned something new about the environment there, while others made it seem so matter of fact. The way you write chapters like this is nice in the sense that the reader does not feel hit over the head with opinion, but is allowed to consider their own ethics.
aviick chapter 6 . 1/11
The chapter read as cool as she played the investigation game. There was something quite lively about this chapter, likely attuned with the element of a secret being revealed. Pretty good!