Reviews for 2020
sheila.bundy chapter 29 . 7/30
Not getting emails when you post, but I found it! Nice seeing Jeff's view of 2020. Wait until he gets into the Delta variant. I don't see why the military hasn't made shots required-they sure required a lot of flu shots!
sheila.bundy chapter 28 . 7/14
I have always enjoyed Kim and "a completely ridiculous trope" never occurred to me-she's just Kim...
Guest chapter 27 . 7/14
Somehow I quit getting notifications of your posts, but I found out I was missing out. Catching up now!
sheila.bundy chapter 25 . 6/21
Please take good care of Kim's family and friends!
Guest chapter 24 . 6/15
Hope Reiko wakes up soon! Enjoy your writing, as always.
chiroho chapter 22 . 5/31
Jeff is definitely having a rough time with this, and unfortunately you and I both know it's only going to get worse for the poor guy. I have to wonder though exactly how some of this military bureaucracy works though because some of these groups definitely don't seem to be in the same chain of command, which must make liaising over things like COVID super tough - no matter what the rank, do I have to do what this guy says if they're out of my chain of command? Especially for organisations like where Jeff is because they're working with but not necessarily part of these other groups.

And yes, Jeff and Kim do have a REALLY messed up history. Definitely better left unexplored - and unexplained to someone who isn't in the know.

Thanks for writing.
sheila.bundy chapter 22 . 5/30
Be nice to Capt. Brett E. Crozier...and keep up the excellent writing! Thank you.
chiroho chapter 21 . 5/23
Oooo, new POV characters. Obviously Reiko isn't new to your fictional universe, but exciting to see something from her point of view. Have to say though that I have a feeling that her partying and everything that's going on isn't going to work out that well from a COVID standpoint. I guess we'll have to see.

Not having gone to college in the US, this is a very different scene for me. So I'll definitely have to take your word for how it plays out. My son is on the lacrosse team at a DII school, just finished his freshman year, but this was very different on the parties and hanging out standpoint. The lacrosse team were lucky if they were able to hang out with each other, let along anyone else. A very different college experience than in the past, though hopefully with vaccinations his sophomore year will be a little more normal.

Thanks as always for writing!
sheila.bundy chapter 21 . 5/23
A refreshingly different point of view! Thank you.
Willie Jackson chapter 20 . 5/18
This is an interesting story you have going here. It's almost like a backdoor peak into what happened last year when everything went to hell with a fictional take on it. I like it. Even when you know how this story is going to play out, it's interesting seeing how your characters are handling the threat that ultimately shut the planet down through the spring last year. I'm riveted to see what your characters do to handle everything going forward.
sheila.bundy chapter 20 . 5/17
Nothing you write is ever too long. And, as always, this is very interesting! Thanks for writing!
chiroho chapter 20 . 5/16
Having kids is "fun".We made the mistake with my daughter holding her until she was asleep. Went through a nasty period when she was about 1 trying to get her to put herself to sleep. Definitely didn't make that mistake with my son - put him down starting when he was little. But it's a cute scene. Of course, given that my kids are technically adults now I didn't have the distraction of glowing screens!

Definitely some unsubtle hints about what is to come - the US doesn't learn from it's own mistakes for example. Jeff is certainly going to be in for a rough ride in the future.

Always cool when you can bring in actual events to the narrative.
kjbugd chapter 20 . 5/16
I know people who grew up in Pateros and Moses Lake. Started school in Pateros more year's ago than I care to admit. Liked the banter between the Cunningham's and the doctors. Have the feeling it will be the last lighthearted chapter for quite awhile.
sheila.bundy chapter 19 . 5/9
Although nothing actually happened, this is a very perceptive look at society and racism today. I especially appreciate it as the grandmother of two mixed-race children. Thank you again for writing!
My son-in-law had Covid, was hospitalized a week for pneumonia and then released with a diagnosis of lupus!
chiroho chapter 18 . 5/4
Honestly I've never been to a Costco. Not many of them in my part of the US, and BJ's obviously isn't the same.

Looking at your date things are definitely about to change significantly for everyone, especially Jeff I imagine. It won't be a fun time. Still, like the prelude about Kim watching Sydney doing martial arts. I don't know what it is here but I didn't know anyone where I grew up who had a black belt who was under 16 or 17 years old. You spent probably a year at each belt level, and certainly couldn't test until you were physically capable. Doesn't seem the same any more.

Of course Kim teaches MCMAP classes. Though she may not be doing that in 2020 ...

Thanks as always for writing!
45 | Page 1 .. Last Next »