Reviews for Abysshead
Mislav chapter 1 . 2/2/2021
Very interesting and thought-provoking story. It definitely read like a modern-day Lovecraft weird fiction. I especially liked this part in the opening: "Reyes knew there was a time, not so far into the past, when humanity believed itself master of the Earth and its seas. So much so, they feared their capability to forever destroy their homeworld's ecosystem. Such thoughts were simultaneously misguided and accurate, as were the philosophies that presently replaced them." The build up to Reyes' confrontation with the creature was very well done. I definitely didn't expect the reveal where the monster turned out to be a dolphin, affected by mutations caused by human experimentation/pollution. Something about that was both especially disturbing and sad. And I didn't expect Reyes to take it in alive. The last line was also very poignant: "Just as humanity could make monsters, so to did she hope it could heal them." Keep up the great work. I really liked this.
MV Kramer chapter 1 . 2/2/2021
This was intriguing. It would make a good multi chapter story, I'm curious about the mutated dolphins.