Reviews for Mother of Learning: The AU Chapters
SugarRoll chapter 1 . 12/21/2021
And then Red Robe comes, memory reads Akoja and then soul kills her and Zorian. The end.
Patjeeson chapter 2 . 12/21/2021
What a good story ,I would not mind seeing a day or a complete time loop in this universe with a ruthless Zorian and a "innocent" Zach ,maybe ending with exiting the time loop once and for all. One idea for a new chapter is that the lich become Zorian 's teacher and a looper itself.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/21/2021
Yesss! Welcome back, author! Glad to see you writing again! You’ve no idea how excited I was when I got notified of a new chapter.
Matthew chapter 2 . 12/21/2021
Poor Zorian. He has probably lived through tens of THOUSANDS of years by now. I am convinced that Zorian will eventually solve all the nested loops. I bet this one was triggered by that spider that escaped in the last chapter of the series. Maybe the "real world" is just a trial run to see if the ones the Angels choose can successfully end the primordial threat. So basically the final month has to be basically perfect.
Nazgand chapter 1 . 12/16/2021
I enjoyed reading about how Akoja dealt with the time-loop, and how Zorian felt about that.
I don't know how many alternate universes will be written, yet I would like to see one where Jornak releases Panaxeth, just to be sure about the contingencies of the gods at the core of the planet.
Lask1 chapter 1 . 12/14/2021
I've already pre-ordered the Audiobook!

As for ideas... what about a timeline where Zorian gets caught be Red Robe during Red Robes attempt to get things back on the rails. Zach eventually escapes the loop, but with a heaping of guilt. What happens next?
Annoy mouse chapter 1 . 12/7/2021
Ha! Well they are screwed in this version.

Thanks for the fun look at an AU, looking forward to more and glad to hear you're doing well.

I wonder if you've considered a variant where Zorian goes a little darker, experimenting more with soul magic 'since all the souls are effectively destroyed at the end of the loop anyway' etc. It might allow him to merge with his own soul after the loops, in some version of the shifter ritual, or what kinda happened with him and Zach but completely. I honestly thought that was the plan in the original and was surprised at how he handled that.
Higgers chapter 1 . 12/6/2021
The golem, of course, would be named "Xvim For Everyone"(tm) and available for sale for only X gold pieces!
Higgers chapter 1 . 12/6/2021
Oh, and an idea for a AU of chapter 48: Zorian, not willing to suffer more of Xvim's antics, had prior to the meeting made a wooden golem resemblimg Xvim (only a torso for sitting at the table, to comply with 1-meter-high golem rule) which is animated to tell people to spin a pen, that they're too slow and must start over, and to throw marbles at them. Zorian then tells Xvim (publicly or privately) he already has a perfect replacement for him, and asks Xvim to actually teach him something useful.
Higgers chapter 1 . 12/6/2021
Still hoping for an extended (canon) epilogue.
Have fun!
AllytianCloud chapter 1 . 12/5/2021
This was a fun chapter but rip this loop and possibly a lot more.
Mecha Wizard chapter 1 . 12/3/2021
It's good to see you active once more.

I would like to see more of this AU in particular, even if it is done with big time skips. And I really want to see him become Quatach-Ichl's apprentice.

But most of all, I want to see a world in which Zorian and the others managed to create a physical passage between the "fake" world and the "real" world, and none of them die in the attempt to do so. That was pretty sad. And it would be interesting to see what would happen with the doubles/copies after they solve the siege.
flare chapter 1 . 12/2/2021
oh no, trying to wrangle in akoja would be a struggle o.o
macdjord chapter 1 . 12/2/2021
Yay! More MoL! I've already bought the ebook and am starting a reread. When will the Arc 2 be coming out? Should I wait for it after I finish Arc 1, or just switch to the Fictionpress version?
ShadowPillow chapter 1 . 12/2/2021
Whoo, the book's up! I am definitely looking forward to these AU stories too.
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »