Reviews for Horror of War
Sera chapter 1 . 3/7/2023
1939... a year that'll never be forgotten for all the wrong reasons
knockmeoffmyfeet chapter 1 . 12/13/2022
Hi.. I'm from a fast-growing online reading platform. Currently, we are looking for new authors to join us. Send me a message if this offer piqued your interest!
zacharyruffing chapter 2 . 3/25/2022
Generally, don’t tell us what is going on in notes. Keep the story rolling and don’t break narrative to make commentary. Staying with a continuous narrative works better than going back and forth between being in the story and hearing the author speak their creative decisions within the text of the work.

You have some nice characterization going on here, and I’m really getting a feel for the character.

Focus more on showing us your decisions via in-narrative revelations rather than commentary or notes. If something is different in the world, perhaps show it in a military report, conversations between soldiers, or perhaps newspaper headlines or something, this will not break immersion and will keep the readers more attached to the tale.
zacharyruffing chapter 1 . 3/24/2022
Okay, I’m interested in this one. Here are a few things I think you could consider to improve the story.

story takes place in an alternate timeline? Tell us a bit more about it. Also, tell us in world events more specifically rather than “in this timeline.”
word “research” is the wrong word in the first paragraph. I believe the word you intended to use was “resources.”
again you are using an alternate timeline, the Canadians entered the war when the British did in 1939 in the real world, is the relationship between Canada and the British empire more distant in this continuity? If so, why?
4.I like how you describe the obvious nemesis in this story, you have some good atmosphere surrounding him and the fear of your hero as well as your hero’s drive, expand on the dread your hero felt when facing the German in the past.
with my criticisms, I’m hooked and really want to see where this story goes.
I’m following this and want to see where it goes. I’ll be following.