Reviews for Walking on the land of the Nile
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Very interesting. I like your style of writing. Thanks for sharing! :-)
Freertony chapter 1 . 12/31/2003
I really liked your description of Egypt the place i moved to when i was 11 and stayed there for a year and a 1/2. I am extremely proud that you mentioned the Khan-a-Kahlili and everything. I feel your pain about it being dirty, polluted, and crowded but i think the way you brought out all the good points about Egypt was truly amazing. so therefore,I salute you in the honor of great writers and people who love Egypt.
P.S Take a trip to Sharm-el-Sheikh it's part of Egypt and has wonderful sights to see.
Diana Shore chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
Just noticed two typo's:
"At nights, I cannot seem to be able to feel worm" - worm should be warm
"I feel drown to one" - drown should be drawn
Enjoyed reading, but would have liked more detail so I could have seen the things you saw.
I really liked the way you wrapped it up at the end. Very nice sentiment; heart-warming.
D
Unfinished Author chapter 1 . 9/3/2003
That sounds like a truly intresting holiday, it sounds like you had a good time which is good, one mistake:

It is expected that men will look strange to us,

Should be: It was only to be expected, therefore, that the men look strangely at us.
Pharaoh's Wife chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
Egypt is very beautiful isn't it?

That is a trip you will never forget!
Rainy chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
You're so lucky you had the chance to go to Egypt! I'm poor, it's just a dream that will never come true for me. I'm sorry you didn't get to Alexandria. Isn't that were Bastet worshippers still live? I'd love to go there. Bastet and Sekhemet are my personal closest goddesses although I deeply love the others as well.

Maybe someday I can go...

Laura
RainShadow2005 chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
Was this a real diary? I love the end when you realize that the one you're looking for has been waiting at home for you the whole time. I wish I kept a diary like this, but alas ... I never go anywhere worthy of keeping a diary ... lol. Maybe someday.
Dagny Taggart chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
I almost wept, the descriptions are so vivid, so alive, I grieve that I am not in those places. One day perhaps, but not anytime in the near future. The Temple of Carnac. Oh my gracious! How heart wrenching that there is a good chance I will never lay eyes upon it! But the future cannot be foretold, and the description alone makes me vow to make a journey there a priority...

For you to have such motherly instincts and reactions to your cats. Beyond worshiping them you also seem to be enamored of them...But I wonder, are you female? Just curiosity makes me ask this, it isn't really important.
Selena Benilo chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
I wish I could go to Egypt. I liked this! I can't write worth a crap when it comes to diaries. Hey, what languages do you speak? Could you help me? I'm learning french right about now.
SekhetRe358 chapter 1 . 2/12/2002
Chatty, fast-paced, fun read with all sorts of Deity and kitty tidbits! I think you had fun to visit Egypt, even though missing Bubastis. Yor report is engaging, and very descriptive. Notes taken by a devotee. Now I feel it would be good to visit Egypt also. Thankyou!
StrangeShy chapter 1 . 12/27/2001
yesterday the town was on wolf alert. packs of them in the hills! loved ur journal. i want to be there now:)
Fantasy Kitty chapter 1 . 7/7/2001
HEY! is all this true? just wonering...cuz its very intresting...